Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 565 of 597 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 5964
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    If you read the link it could be hence my comment.
    I did note it
    The Bakers were both charged under the territory’s Civil Emergency Measures Act, which carries a maximum fine of C$500 ($392) plus a C$75 surcharge, six months in jail, or both.
    Makes quite a difference to our laws in respect of the same - absolutely no threat of imprisonment.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    A friend of mine, who would be on first name terms with a couple of Cabinet Ministers, said that bj is " A Libertarian, who does not believe in removing peoples freedoms".
    I asked where the line was between Libertarian and anarchist; subject changed.

Next door neighbours daughter was crew for Emirates until covid made her redundant, the lockdown restrictions she was living under in the Gulf, really made you wonder if the UK was even trying.
    That's because its a proper police state - just because social media "influencers" go there doesn't make it any less of one. I saw a group of guys beating up some poor bloke in a car park, went to help as he was getting a right kicking and got told to "****-off we are the police". People get disappeared too.

In the UAE during lockdown you had to have a permit to be out which said why you were out and where you were going - and woe betide you if you called in at the supermarket on the way to the pharmacy and your bit of paper didn't say that - they had similar system in Greece but it wasn't anything like as intensively policed: these gulf countries have HUGE police and security services so they can do it, Oman spends more on security per head than anywhere in the world.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of the reasons why we are a bit worse off than other countries re Covid is that we are not a Police State. Sad, it's good unless you are one of the unfortunates.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1000 fine for the owner. Peanuts.

There were half a dozen or so fleeing customers on the cctv extract so 20 a day or more ?

Presumably have been operating throughout lockdown. Tanning, hair, nails. Mostly close proximity and if they are prepared to break rules whats the chance of thorough sanitising between customers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post

There were half a dozen or so fleeing customers on the cctv extract so 20 a day or more ?

Presumably have been operating throughout lockdown. Tanning, hair, nails. Mostly close proximity and if they are prepared to break rules what’s the chance of thorough sanitising between customers
    They were fined in the first lockdown. There are other allegations regarding this business, no doubt there will be a follow up story soon.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpj View Post
    They were fined in the first lockdown. There are other allegations regarding this business, no doubt there will be a follow up story soon.
    Was openly trading despite lockdown - this is the owners FB page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008653864994
    Owner was named and shamed in the comments section of a local paper. Google is your friend when bored............

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...omments-anchor
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post

Presumably have been operating throughout lockdown. Tanning, hair, nails. Mostly close proximity and if they are prepared to break rules what’s the chance of thorough sanitising between customers
    Would be a 10k fine over here. Haven't heard of any places opening illegally.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More cnuts