Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 606 of 623 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6226
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Finger mouse?

I'll get me coat.
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    " They call me T.C., it's short for ....."
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On another ranger guided walk in British Columbia, the ranger was saying that a Grizzly Bear's favourite springtime food is dandelions. He said that you can see where the bear has been because in a meadow covered in them, it looks as though somebody has gone through it with a lawnmower. Apparently the speed at which they can consume them is quite a site to see.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    On another ranger guided walk in British Columbia, the ranger was saying that a Grizzly Bear's favourite springtime food is dandelions. He said that you can see where the bear has been because in a meadow covered in them, it looks as though somebody has gone through it with a lawnmower. Apparently the speed at which they can consume them is quite a site to see.
    They have to eat a lot of flowers and berries, but they end up being smaller bears than those near the rivers eating salmon. We saw bears a couple of times, one (probably black) from a skilift, the other (definitely black) next to the road with two cubs.
    Mah Nà Mah Nà

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    They have to eat a lot of flowers and berries, but they end up being smaller bears than those near the rivers eating salmon. We saw bears a couple of times, one (probably black) from a skilift, the other (definitely black) next to the road with two cubs.
    We saw a black bear sitting on top of a telegraph pole while travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer. We were also lucky to see lots of Polar bears on a cruise to the Arctic - 15 on one day alone. This included a mother and two cubs.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    " They call me T.C., it's short for ....."
    That's not old, they had that on TV when I was youn....... Hang on!

I remember seeing the original sooty and sweep at the theatre - with Harry Corbett

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Ade View Post
    That's not old, they had that on TV when I was youn....... Hang on!

I remember seeing the original sooty and sweep at the theatre - with Harry Corbett
    Harry Corbett worked as as engineer surveyor for the Engineering Insurance company I used to work for. His puppetry was interfering with his work so he had to leave.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Went 'Off Piste' mountain biking on the West side of Pikes Peak (Colorado, East side of Rocky's) for day with a mate. His dad made sure we both had some serious hand guns (me a 9mm pistol, mate something bigger) and that I knew how to use before we went off on the bikes. Mates family owned about 200 acres of land there as they intended to have a weekend wooden 'cottage' there but the bears would break in almost every time after Ray and family visited.
    Similarly at a lake up state used for diving the camp, picnic areas and car parks would be regularly visited by bears hunting for food. As a reminder the car park had an 'ex'-sports car that has been wrecked by a bear that had had food left in it whilst the owners went off for hike!

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    We saw a black bear sitting on top of a telegraph pole while travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer.
    Good to see that they are earning their keep maintaining the telephone system.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info