Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 583 of 623 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6225
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So very rare that they sent a crawler along and dragged it off the beach. No more rare or exciting than it was the last 5 times it got uncovered in the winter and less rare and exciting than the one up the coast at Covehithe which requires more of a walk.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More right wing dipshits that want to kill everyone. Thank goodness Trump lost. Some days I despair. Today is one of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...te-change-real
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    More right wing dipshits that want to kill everyone. Thank goodness Trump lost. Some days I despair. Today is one of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...te-change-real

Tossers.

Major oil companies including the NOCs recognise climate change, the move from hydrocarbon based fuels and the need to diversify.

Why canít the politicians do the same.

Think I may have answered my own question with the first word of this post.
    Last edited by John63; 21-03-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Tossers.

Major oil companies including the NOCs recognise climate change, the move from hydrocarbon based fuels and the need to diversify.

Why can’t the politicians do the same.

Don't go giving oil companies any credit for anything other than a focus on profit. They identified the link between climate change and rising CO2 levels 40 years ago and yet only now are making noises about anything else. There's this recent Guardian article on it and there's a 1991 video made by Shell here

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They are businesses and need to make a profit and not giving them credit for anything but facing up to the inevitable reality. Something which, some, politicians still seem unable or unwilling to do.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They are businesses and need to make a profit and not giving them credit for anything but facing up to the inevitable reality. Something which, some, politicians still seem unable or unwilling to do.
    Don’t confuse the politicians such as the Conservative leader with the rank and file of the party. He appears to see the way that the country is going but he is being held back from adopting new policies by the Neanderthals in the rank and file. He is probably doing it because he wants power not through any altruistic change in his views.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Tossers.

Why can’t the politicians do the same.

A goodly lot of 'self-love' might just solve many of the problems the human race (and the planet) is facing. Until the high ranking politicians, religous leaders and 'Do-gooders' get into their understanding that more of human population means more of and faster the planets resources are proportionally used (up).
    I see there is a program on Ch5 praising a family with 22 kids - I'm sorry but the parents should have been sterilised a long time ago - stuff their human rights, what aboiut the human rights of the rest of us?

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In more good news about how the fishing industry are helping to save the world. Not.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-crisis
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    A goodly lot of 'self-love' might just solve many of the problems the human race (and the planet) is facing. Until the high ranking politicians, religous leaders and 'Do-gooders' get into their understanding that more of human population means more of and faster the planets resources are proportionally used (up).
    I see there is a program on Ch5 praising a family with 22 kids - I'm sorry but the parents should have been sterilised a long time ago - stuff their human rights, what aboiut the human rights of the rest of us?
    Capitalism relies on endless growth. This is often best achieved by endless growth of the population. It is why Blair thought the UK should be one of the countries that gave early entry to the A8 group. This explains why so many political and other groups promote population growth.

The problem, from a climate perspective is that the people that vote for the very politicians that promote population growth then use the current level of population as a bullshit excuse why the planet is fucked. The planet is fucked (in terms of it's ability to support us) due to the burning of fossil fuels. The global population level is not the issue. The planet's life support systems for homo sapiens is more than capable of supporting the population as is.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.