Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Phone conversation clarity

When I receive a call from some people, the clarity is amazing. I could hear the birds tweeting behind the chap on the last call. What's happening?
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you recently invested in some cotton wool buds?

Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You were talking to a Myna bird !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    When I receive a call from some people, the clarity is amazing. I could hear the birds tweeting behind the chap on the last call. What's happening?
    I've noticed the same thing with one of my subbies. We both have a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile. Usually the call quality is stunning. But, occasionally it's shite. Go figure....
    I'll think of something witty some time soon.

The artist formerly known as petlowe.... PeterL's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone using Voip aka MS Lync or Skype is likely to have a higher bit-rate and stereo rather than Mono from land lines.
    I have moved most of my team to VOIP and the call quality is mostly amazing compared to poxy land lines or mobiles.

PL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mobile or landline?

There's numerous mobile codecs depending on how good the signal is more bits for voice less for error correction and TFO which if implemented should give you the best mobile to mobile call quality.
    --
    Ian
    "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" Denis Diderot

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    Anyone using Voip aka MS Lync or Skype is likely to have a higher bit-rate and stereo rather than Mono from land lines.
    I have moved most of my team to VOIP and the call quality is mostly amazing compared to poxy land lines or mobiles.

PL
    VoIP isn't necessarily better. It depends on so many factors. But it's got so much better (and cheaper) than it was generally a few years ago when I was moving people on VoIP back to land lines. Software PBX is now a good alternative to look at. Also, whatever system you use make sure you have a landline failover. Without that, loss of your internet connection is a double whammy.
    I'll think of something witty some time soon.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    VoIP isn't necessarily better. It depends on so many factors. But it's got so much better (and cheaper) than it was generally a few years ago when I was moving people on VoIP back to land lines. Software PBX is now a good alternative to look at. Also, whatever system you use make sure you have a landline failover. Without that, loss of your internet connection is a double whammy.
    i can vouch for that. We recently migrated to Lync, but the geniuses in charge of the move thought they'd play the 'Suck it and see, let's skimp on the bandwidth and see what we get away with" approach. I've always blamed dropped calls on the engineers talking to me on their mobiles, now they can justifiably blame me and my high-falutin' 21st century VOIP disaster-on-a-desk solution.