Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question What happened to the Silent Planet website and cylinder buoyancy photos?

I was looking for the pictures hosted on www.silentplanet.info of various cylinders at different pressures in a pool to show their buoyancy characteristics but link now redirects to a different well known website known for selling dive shinies. What has happened?

If those photos can no longer be seen, does any one know of some similar ones for 232bar 12 litre cylinders (faber and / or Euro)? So far I have found is this;

What I want to figure out is what the likely buoyancy characteristics of the tail end is, will it be negative, neutral or possibly even slightly positive at various levels of fullness?

Cheers,
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You mean this table?

Regards
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nigel,

Reading your link, I am assuming that you are never going to ditch you stages (CCR bailout) as otherwise you are going to underweight if you do? You talk about removing weight from the weightbelt.

Or have I misunderstood?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Nigel,

Reading your link, I am assuming that you are never going to ditch you stages (CCR bailout) as otherwise you are going to underweight if you do? You talk about removing weight from the weightbelt.

Or have I misunderstood?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    same crossed my mind when I read that line as well
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Nigel,

Or have I misunderstood?
    It's a valid point for 'stages' I admit, I should qualify things on that page,

...but ditching rebreather bailout?
    There are so many uncomfortable implications in that it makes me go all twitchy.

Remember these are not deco bottles that can be 'staged' but they are there for the moment when it all goes horribly wrong, the loop floods and you get a big mouthful of something that would make your loo bright and sparkling. If I knew where and when it was going to happen I simply wouldn't dive that day. OK, on a no-stop dive my bailout is only the 3L on-board DIL but I try to make a deliberate decision on how much I need before I go into the water every time. It is too easy to use '30bar each side' as a dive plan because that's what always happens so I have to slap myself occasionally.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.