Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Indonesia

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cheers - that'll depress me further!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    String - Komodo is very nice. Who will you do the liveaboard with? I joined wicked diving which is a budget boat but the diving was great and the stuff were very good. There is quite a difference in water temperature between north and south Komodo if you do not know! South Komodo I needed a 5mm plus hood.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In already struggling here with 19c in a rental 3mm. Normally I pull my drysuit on at 25. I haven't decided who go go with yet.
    Looks like my bad luck continues. A week in Lembongan and no trips to manta point due to weather.
    My bad luck continues. I go to the one place in the world where Mantas are pretty much guaranteed and weather says no.
    I've also been to Donsol with no whale sharks. Various red sea with no sharks and Moalboal with no Sardines.
    Lembongan is lovely but im really struggling with the cold. I need to buy a 7mm before Komodo. Bet there'll be no dragons too....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    I need to buy a 7mm before Komodo. Bet there'll be no dragons too....
    We did Komodo on Mermaid I in Oct 2012. It's a fantastic boat and the water temps weren't too bad. We had 28C on the way South then 22/23C once we got to the National Park. We had 5mm suits with Fourth Element vests and weren't cold. A lot of the other divers were chittering by the end of the dives in 3mm suits and shorties!!

Oh, there will be dragons. They practically live under the ranger's huts. They are stunning animals and the views from the top of the island are worth the early morning hike even if the dragons are no where to be seen...They will waiting for you as sure as night turns to day, along with the souvenir sellers

Sharon

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was also on a Wicked liveaboard, lovely staff, lovely diving, lovely price

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I dived with Wicked in Komodo, and in Tulamben I stayed at Ocean View hotel who organised a guide to take my friend and I diving

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just finished Komodo - temp ranged from 31c to 25c sometimes changing on the same site in minutes. Froze my arse off in 3mm suit, 2mm hooded vest and 7mm hood on top. My mate in a 7mm semi was a lot more comfortable. First few dives were good but not fantastic but from day 3 it started getting really really good. Well worth the trip. Dived with Wicked who are offering low season liveaboard prices now for $90USD a day all included.

It's taken 13 years and about 3,500 dives but finally ive seen my first mantas and sharks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345