PDA

View Full Version : Suunto Helo2 advice

HappyDiver
28-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

I have a quick question that I wanted to get opinions on.

I'm looking at purchasing a new Suunto Helo2 computer. Here in the UK they range from 380-400 for the computer with the USB interface software.

I am off to Thailand shortly and can get one, brand new from a dive equipment retailer at trade price, which given the exchange rate comes in at around 250.

Now bearing in mind this will be coming back to the UK as I reside here, would you jump at the saving rather pay the extra just in case something goes wrong and suunto stick to there "warranty valid in the country of purchase" rule?

You thoughts please.

Dammyla
28-01-2014, 04:27 PM
depends how much you value the warrantee really I suppose. If it is worth more than 150 quid to you, then buy local.

and yes, I am aware this is not in the least bit helpful :)

j_b
28-01-2014, 06:51 PM
How much would you pay for a s/h helo with no warranty? If its in the region of 250, then go for it.
Again, not much help but a different perspective perhaps.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

steve6690
28-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I would take a punt and buy the Thai one. Even it if goes tits up and you have to pay for a repair I doubt the total cost would be much more than buying one here.

Hot Totty
28-01-2014, 06:57 PM
wasn't this made illegal, warrenties only in country of sale - certinly thought the car industry was brought up on that. But then I maybe wrong :rolleyes:

MikeF
28-01-2014, 07:03 PM
speak to suunto but I would think there should be a world wide warranty, if not look at something else. I once bought a uwatec computer abroad under similar circumstances, it died and I sent it back to uwatec in switzerland and had a replacement in a couple of days