PDA

View Full Version : OSTC PC Connection -HEELLLLLP

hall-e
22-01-2014, 06:50 PM
How on earth do you connect an ostc 2n to a pc ?
I've installed the usb driver from the HW website, installed Jdivelog ( and tried others ), and I still cannot get my OSTC in harmony with my pc?
I plug the usb cable into the pc and get the usual "beep beep" from my pc to say "hey somethings in one of my usb ports", but is doesn't recognise it.
I run on windows 7 64bit.
HEEELLLLLLLLLP:@:

jb2cool
22-01-2014, 07:07 PM
In device manager do you see it show up as a comm port when you plug the OSTC in? (I might not be much help as i'm waiting for mine to arrive).

hall-e
22-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Comm port 3 is on the device manager ( which the OSTC ) seems to be on, but all drivers are up to date. OSTC still not recognised

Bryte
22-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I had similar problem with my Suunto vyper. Ended up being faulty USB cable.

Vanny
22-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Not being awkward but have you tried the ostc forum ?

From memory , you need to down load someting, boot loader? Then comm port 3 . Don't think jdivelog has anything to do with it.

Hope you sort it

Rob Dobson
22-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Assuming your PC has been restarted since the drivers were installed and that the OSTC is plugged in and switched on before you start JDivelog then it could be the cable.

Drop an email to Deep Ideas and get an RMA number to send it in for a look.

AxeMan
22-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I found Subsurface much easier to use than JDivelog. You don't have to install the 3rd party java drivers which seemed ropey on 64 bit OS, though that was Linux.

BTS
23-01-2014, 06:36 AM
the OSTC is plugged in and switched on before you start JDivelog .

I has similar problems and found this sorted it.... It is the only thing that lets the OSTC range down IMO, why it isn't a case of PnP I don't know....

Rob Dobson
23-01-2014, 07:04 AM
I has similar problems and found this sorted it.... It is the only thing that lets the OSTC range down IMO, why it isn't a case of PnP I don't know....

It's not really an OSTC thing. The third party application assigns comms ports to the devices present at the time of the application starting.

Nothing on the OSTC side can change how the application works.

Hickdive
23-01-2014, 08:25 AM
I've never got my OSTC to connect to any of the PCs or laptops I've tried. The USB download has made no difference at all.

Doesn't particularly bother me as the software version that came pre-installed is stable and I'm not much into downloading logs but it is a little disappointing.

gordon mackie
23-01-2014, 08:32 AM
I have never had problems with bootloader or divelog other than dodgy cable issues.. or forgetting to boot the unit when connecting to bootloader... and that is on OSTC2 and DR5 on Windows 7,8 and 8.1... has worked perfectly. Sometimes need to reboot the PC as with anything on Windows that goes flaky..my camera, printer and other things suffer from USB huffiness at times

johnnyblaze
23-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Keep trying cables until it works :-) that's what I did. Or if your buddy downloads their dives borrow their cable and/or laptop and test if it works with your OSTC, if it doesn't then theres probably an issue with the unit.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

hall-e
23-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Keep trying cables until it works :-) that's what I did. Or if your buddy downloads their dives borrow their cable and/or laptop and test if it works with your OSTC, if it doesn't then theres probably an issue with the unit.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
Rang Deep Ideas today who also suggested finding someone with an ostc 2 which works with their pc. Unfortunately no one else I know in my area has one.

hall-e
23-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Not being awkward but have you tried the ostc forum ?

From memory , you need to down load someting, boot loader? Then comm port 3 . Don't think jdivelog has anything to do with it.

Hope you sort it

Yes, done all that.
Thanks for the advice though.

BTS
23-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Be happy in the knowledge it isn't just you...

I am just glad V 2.5 offers everything I need...

jb2cool
23-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Where abouts are you (I know it says Middle England) I just got mine and worked first time.

jturner
23-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm in the East Midlands and have a working OSTC2 connection if you need a hand?

hall-e
24-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm in the East Midlands and have a working OSTC2 connection if you need a hand?

Thank you, PM sent

Baz
24-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Try a trial version of diving log and see if it will see your ostc