PDA

View Full Version : Why is Suunto Dive Manager not downloading from my Zoop?

jb2cool
26-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Suunto Dive Manager used to download from my Zoop correctly. At some point it stopped downloading on my PC and i had to switch to use my laptop instead. Now that's stopped downloading from the Zoop too. I've just installed Subsurface and that's downloading from the Zoop ok so that proves that the Zoop, Cable and Drivers are ok but why is Suunto Dive Manager not working any more?

Using:
Suunto Dive Manager 3.1.0.216 (the good one)
Custom Idea Cable
Suunto Zoop

Nothing has changed on the laptop between working and not-working other than regular Microsoft Patches. Was it one of these? anyone else seeing similar?

BluDL
26-11-2013, 10:59 PM
what cable do you have. I have an issue with DM4 as the cable I have is a ebay home made box that is somewhere between a usb and a virtual serial port or something. I did read windows is no longer supporting some old fashioned interfaces but not sure which

johnnyblaze
26-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Did you reinstall the suunto software?

jb2cool
27-11-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm using the CustomIdea cable hat installs as a serial to USB bridge. It's Suunto DM4 that no longer supports serial based cables, not Windows which is one of the reasons why I've stuck with SDM3.

Will try uninstall/reinstall of SDM tonight.

Subsurface is ok (anything else I should consider?) but I had gotten used to the Suunto software.

Burgo
30-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Ours are dodgy using Win 8 & now Win 8.1. Need to ensure cable is exactly right on the Zoop , then ensure PCSET is selected. Then needed to fire the DM Wizard manually to search for the Zoop. TBH it normally takes about 4or5 goes to get DM to"see" the Zoop, before doing the download (which then always wants to all the old ones as well!). Never the best end to the day after washing out all the kit!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jb2cool
30-11-2013, 11:20 PM
I gave up on it and moved to Subsurface. Seems pretty good so far. Imported my existing library and downloading fine.