X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon TW
    rEvolutionary Diving
    • Dec 2012

Anyone know about shipping and containers

I'm shipping a RHIB on a trailer to Egypt and I'm being bamboozled with jargon and what you can and cannot do.

Does anyone on here do this? or even know anything about shipping containers?
    Livaboard Legends
    Tekdeep
    rEvo Rebreathers
    Co-Founder of The Red Sea Wreck Project
  • Swifty
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Simon TW
    I'm shipping a RHIB on a trailer to Egypt and I'm being bamboozled with jargon and what you can and cannot do.

Does anyone on here do this? or even know anything about shipping containers?
    The company i work for does a lot of shipping via container, so if you have any questions drop them here, and i can ask the people in the office who deal with the containers on Monday.

( i might be able to answer some, will see how much i have payed attention to them.)

Comment

• Logun
      Sir Logun
      • Dec 2012

I think Chrisch has said things about using containers for his business in the past, might be worth a PM.
      Originally posted by steelemonkey
      I hereby decree that all on this site should now refer to you as Sir Logun.

Comment

• Treerat
        The swimming rodent
        • Dec 2012

Give Tom a ring at PTC - they move ribs all over the world - Contact
        Andy
        www.budediveclub.co.uk
        www.gafirs.org.uk
        If it moves - canoe it, if it doesn't dive it!

Comment

• Janos
          "Three Sheds"
          • Dec 2012

Someone in Hellfins used to work for Maersk. If you post details on here (or PM me) I will pass your query on.

Also I seem to remember a club (Darwen?) doing a trip to the Falklands islands. I think they freighted their rib over there in a container. Again - might be worth contacting them.

Janos
          You can lead a horse to water but you can't climb a ladder with a large bell in both hands - Vic Reeves
          Hellfins - a friendly London dive club
          My music video: Dive the UK, cos that's the way it is. Huh!

Comment

• Simon TW
            rEvolutionary Diving
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Janos
            Someone in Hellfins used to work for Maersk. If you post details on here (or PM me) I will pass your query on.

Also I seem to remember a club (Darwen?) doing a trip to the Falklands islands. I think they freighted their rib over there in a container. Again - might be worth contacting them.

Janos
            They freighted two, I was on the trip. It's a bit different really Keith and Ian did all the logistics. They owned the container and transport company.

I've got a long list of acronyms with costs by it the one which beggars belief is £300 to push a trailer in a container and strap it down with my straps.
            Livaboard Legends
            Tekdeep
            rEvo Rebreathers
            Co-Founder of The Red Sea Wreck Project

Comment

Working...