PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Increase Baggage Allowance

Dave1w
14-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I just got a note through that SIA (and Silkair) is increasing it's baggage allowance by 10kg is all classes, so it's going to be 30kg, 40kg and 50kg in Economy, Business and First.

May be useful for folks flying out to Asia to dive.

flyingfisheye
15-11-2013, 05:40 AM
A wonderful airline, just made four flights with them on the way to and from Truk, even though they said 20kg they did not really care and some went through with 25kg plus 9kg hand luggage, but this is great news. The A380 was great, big seats, ace seat back entertainment, really good food and service. Highly recommend if you're heading out that way, and good price too.

londonsean69
15-11-2013, 07:36 AM
SIA are great. Freeflowing Singapore Slings mean they are my No.1 choice when heading to Indo, unless the seat price is 300 difference :)

Tim Digger
19-11-2013, 07:53 AM
If booked through most dive tour operators Singapore has usually given 30kg that's what we're on at present but I still have 5kg in my waistcoat pockets lenses and first stages. But good news I wonder how long for though many airlines change luggage allowances at the drop of a hat, it should depend of when you book if they drop it again. We nearly had trouble flying back from Cebu as the weather stopped us drying out kit so I was 2kg over and they thought that was taking the P**s as they had already given us extra 10kg, still they were OK when we complained about the unseasonable weather. Typical English ploy!

Dave1w
22-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Looks like Malaysian do it as well, and I just got a message announcing that Garuda (who will be flying to and from the UK next year hopefully) do as well plus an extra 20kg diving equipment!

Argyle
23-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Brilliant news. Have flown with Singapore many times...best airline I've ever flown with. Last time I went with Malaysia airlines a couple of years ago, they did offer extra allowance for divers but on the day we flew out with them the ground crew weren't happy with just seeing our cert cards and wanted to take photocopies of them, which meant going to a different counter after already queueing but it wasn't really a problem and they sorted it quickly.