PDA

View Full Version : Crossover instructor course to teach disabled divers

Seastar
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Based on the thread about teaching disabled divers, I thought I would let you know about a course Scuba Trust will be running later this year. Between the volunteer instructors we are able to teach via different agencies and pick the one that will work best for the student. Because of this we are running an Instructor crossover course for those who would like to qualify to teach the DDI (Disabled Divers International) courses.

This will be a two day DDI course in the early part of 2013, and will be run by Fraser Bathgate.
Cost and dates are still being sorted, if you are interested please let me know and I'll forward more information as it becomes available.

(This doesn't commit you to anything!)

Teddybeardiver
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I would be interested in the details, thanks.

timmyg
01-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes please. I've done the BSAC DDA but as rules change in the military I need the DDI. Price, location, time dependent.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using Timmytalk (hopefully)

Dave Lev
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I'd like details of this, please.

teas
03-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Not an instructor yet but would love some information sent through for future reference if at all possible?

Seastar
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
All those that have asked for info - I will forward it when it becomes available, either via PM on here or if you prefer PM me your email address.

Seastar
21-01-2013, 09:58 PM
The date has now been set for the 23/24th February, and will be held near Windsor. I don't have the cost yet and will let you know as soon as I do. :)

Janos
21-01-2013, 10:23 PM
The date has now been set for the 23/24th February, and will be held near Windsor. I don't have the cost yet and will let you know as soon as I do. :)

Sloblocks. I'm teaching already that weekend. I'd be interested in any info you have.

Janos

timmyg
21-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm also teaching. Bugger. Please pm me any info though.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using Timmytalk (hopefully)

Teddybeardiver
21-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I am also teaching, running an IDC, that weekend. If there is another running please let me know.

Joe Narvey
08-03-2013, 01:13 PM
I wasn't teaching, but would still like ot know more and see how I can help / cross over to help, etc.

About to get a few months gardening leave so sooner the better if possible.

Seastar
09-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I'll be writing a course review in the next few days.

In the mean time if you are interested in the DDI courses then please look at their website DDI Professional programs (http://www.ddivers.org/programs8/ddi-professional-programs)
the UK contact is Richard Cullen at uk@ddivers.org

If you are interested in getting practical experience, then send me a pm - the next Scuba Trust try-dive is tomorrow (Sunday 10th March), near Windsor, and I'll find out if we have anything suitable for you to observe.

Mateus Mendonša
24-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Not an instructor yet but would love some information sent through for future reference if at all possible?

You can do the Pro Training as a Divemaster and you'll get 2 years to go for instructor, and you'll be automatically become DDI Instructor.
Hope it was helpful.
Mateus

teas
25-03-2013, 12:25 PM
You can do the Pro Training as a Divemaster and you'll get 2 years to go for instructor, and you'll be automatically become DDI Instructor.
Hope it was helpful.
Mateus

Brilliant thanks! Something to look into.

Seastar
27-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I've just heard from Richard Cullen (uk@ddivers.org) he will be running another course at the end of May, either in London or Berkshire.

Several people said they were interested but couldn't make the date. If you are still interested please contact Richard direct (uk@ddivers.org), so he can find the most suitable dates. :)

Seastar
15-05-2013, 09:02 PM
The next DDI Pros Course is being run at Dive Crew on 1/2 June, contact me if you want any more details.