PDA

View Full Version : Mares puck pro

monkified
15-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello guys, me and my son new to diving got ourselves some regs with compass pg and depth guage and bcd's and were after a couple of dive comps, I've 300 quid to buy two, either new or seccy hand and I've been looking at the mares puck pro for 150 new as anyone used these before and are they rated as a good computer, they seem to look and do everything what I could think of, there seems to be a lot of other comps out there more expensive, do these do more or would I be paying for just a name
Thanks
Kev

scoobyman
17-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Hello guys, me and my son new to diving got ourselves some regs with compass pg and depth guage and bcd's and were after a couple of dive comps, I've 300 quid to buy two, either new or seccy hand and I've been looking at the mares puck pro for 150 new as anyone used these before and are they rated as a good computer, they seem to look and do everything what I could think of, there seems to be a lot of other comps out there more expensive, do these do more or would I be paying for just a name
Thanks
Kev

Hey, me and the wife got 2 of these brand new when we stated diving about 9 months ago.

They are great computers, real easy to use and tell you every thing you need to know dive and post dive, all at the touch of a button.

Easy to read under water, even with 5mm gloves on.

BUY :y:

RickyWishart
17-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Easy to read under water, even with 5mm gloves on.
:y:

you read with 5mm gloves lol

I got a puck when I started diving
simple to use
easy to read
does what it says on the tin

divingtheark
17-10-2013, 03:42 PM
In my view Suunto are the best value in the long term. We have have Mares, Oceanic, Uwatec and others and the lifetime has been short on some. The worst was a Mares Nemo Wide lasted just to after the 12m guarantee expired. To be fair after pushing them on this they agreed to a 50% discount on a new one but my Suunto has been 9 years running and looks like it will gone for another 9 years.

You can get the Suunto Zoop for around 140-145 and will do for nitrox , deco and all that a recreational diver wants. And it has a user replaceable battery.:)

monkified
24-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Thank for the replys, decided to go for 2 suunto zoops, I thought they looked better lol
Cheers
Kev