Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GLOC
    • Dec 2012

Follow-up all-inclusive Cavern, Cave, and/or Technical Diver Research Study

Some of you may remember a survey which Bill did looking at Cave Diving Behaviours. There were a number of comments about technical diving and now he has gained his PhD, he has sent this follow-up out.

Follow-up all-inclusive Cavern, Cave, and/or Technical Diver Research Study

I have completed my dissertation and it has been accepted by Barry University. I have now earned a Ph.D. in Counseling. Thank you to everyone who participated in the doctoral study earlier this year. I have the complete dissertation and it is ready to be posted. I believe you will find the results interesting. Since the dissertation study was limited to male cave divers I received many requests to open the survey to everyone. The new study is titled: Cavern, Cave, and/or Technical Diver Personality Traits & Relationship Adjustment.

Before I post the results (less than 30 days) I want to acknowledge the divers who because of specific limitations in the first study could not participate. The three questionnaires are the same as the doctoral study but the demographics now include options for everyone to participate. The survey is open to all cavern, cave, and/or technical divers both female and male and all relationship status including being single. If you participated the first study and want to participate again that option is also available on the informed consent screen.

A new item includes an option for you and your spouse/significant other (diver or not) to take the survey. If you choose this option the software is able to match the couple’s data while still remaining anonymous. Selecting this option will provide data which can be analyzed to compare the actual style differences of matched couples. There is also an option to take the survey as a single person and only complete the personality questionnaires. The survey is estimated to take no more than 30 minutes to complete.

To participate go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DVVQBDL

Additional Study Information – The fine print

The aim of the research is to examine the relationship between personality traits, alexithymia, and dyadic adjustment in Cavern, Cave, and/or Technical Divers. Alexithymia refers to the inability to identify and interpret emotions in oneself or others. Dyadic adjustment refers to the overall adjustment between two people who are married or who are partners (past or present). If you decide to participate in this research, you will be asked to do the following: Answer the questions on a demographic survey, Zuckerman Kuhlman Personality Questionnaire, the Toronto Alexithymia Scale, and the Dyadic Adjustment Scale.

This survey is completely anonymous and no IP addresses are collected by this researcher.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the study or your participation in the study you may contact me, Bill Oigarden at (386) 984-9348 or by email [email protected]
    Thanks in advance and on behalf of Bill.
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”
Working...