X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zubar
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

IST stuff

Just tried out my new IST holiday single rig. An FYI. I normally dive a Faber twinset Apeks ss BP and OPH , Frog Midnight wing. Have had a CD Sporster and used a wtx3.

I think the Ali BP is great, needed a quick sanding of the outer edges but fine otherwise. The harness is very thin soft webbing, and light weight tackle. Great for travel but I'd not use it for twins or UK diving.
    The IST30 wing is fantastic, really good build quality, I wanted an Indigo to match the midnight but this is fantastic, and much cheaper. Also has a built in lift handle which I did not see mentioned on any blurb. How much use it will be is to be seen but a nice extra.

Hope this helps.

C
  • Ruffy
    Stating facts ; )
    • Dec 2012

Spot on!
    The wing is fantastic quality and better than my Halcyon equivalent ...but the harness I bought is crap and not fit for purpose ...same goes for the weight pockets which fell apart after six dives..yes SIX.. Both of them..!
    Bacon is good for you!.....................................

Comment

• Major Clanger
      Purine hurts my feet
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ruffy
      Spot on!
      The wing is fantastic quality and better than my Halcyon equivalent ...but the harness I bought is crap and not fit for purpose ...same goes for the weight pockets which fell apart after six dives..yes SIX.. Both of them..!
      My IST pockets gave up quickly as well. However, I didn't thread the shoulder part of the harness through them so that may have contributed.
      GaryL

Comment

• Major Clanger
        Purine hurts my feet
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Zubar
        Just tried out my new IST holiday single rig. An FYI. I normally dive a Faber twinset Apeks ss BP and OPH , Frog Midnight wing. Have had a CD Sporster and used a wtx3.

I think the Ali BP is great, needed a quick sanding of the outer edges but fine otherwise. The harness is very thin soft webbing, and light weight tackle. Great for travel but I'd not use it for twins or UK diving.
        The IST30 wing is fantastic, really good build quality, I wanted an Indigo to match the midnight but this is fantastic, and much cheaper. Also has a built in lift handle which I did not see mentioned on any blurb. How much use it will be is to be seen but a nice extra.

Hope this helps.

C
        My daughter uses a rec wing which I'm looking to replace with something a bit smaller. I'll look at the 30, as you're the same size
        GaryL

Comment

• Ruffy
          Stating facts ; )
          • Dec 2012

Rigged mine up as they should be and they both went each side of the zip on top at first then just fell apart..
          I got in contact with DW and they sent me new ones....after loosing the ones I sent back..in the end..
          I received new ones which I pulled apart in my hand along the stitching with no effort at all so just binned them...

The wing however!...I love it..
          Bacon is good for you!.....................................

Comment

• Zubar
            TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

IST stuff

I have the pockets, which I bought 2nd hand. Seem tough enough but not so keen in the design. I'll just put weights in the c bands. Should not need much as MC pointed out, I'm not a hulking lard ass like he is

C

Comment

• BTS
              feckface von clownstick
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Zubar
              The IST30 wing is fantastic, really good build quality, I wanted an Indigo to match the midnight but this is fantastic
              It is the same wing as the Indigo just rebadged so you got what you wanted...
              What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Comment

Working...