PDA

View Full Version : Evolution hose length

Simon TW
12-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm cutting some hose today for an Evolution. Please can somebody with an Evo measure the hose length for me.

It's counterling tee piece to head inhale and lung to scrubber exhale. I know that the hose length will vary with tension but I just need the length on the floppy ;)

Thanks

Paul r s
12-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I would of thought that an evo head to counterlung would be the same as an inspo. The scrubber would still sit in the same height on the divers body, just with a shorter bottom.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Simon TW
12-08-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't know for sure Paul. The Evo comes out if the case straight up from the head where as the inspo comes from the shoulder.

The old rule measure twice cut once. I only have one set of hoses to cut so it has to be right.

Paul r s
12-08-2013, 10:18 AM
No vision inspo is also straight up, the classic is from the side.

I had a classic in an alibox where the breathing hose was coming out to the side, swapped with a vision head and used the same alibox and it fitted perfectly, the same as if had when using the classic head.

Can't you get someone to wear the unit and check if it's a comfortable fit ?

JPTaylor
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't know for sure Paul. The Evo comes out if the case straight up from the head where as the inspo comes from the shoulder.

Newer Inspo's (post 2008) have a case like the Evo, inhale hose comes out at back of neck, same design as Evo/Evo+ case just longer. I know, I have one, prefer the older Inspo case design that's also made of thicker plastic.

jturner
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm cutting some hose today for an Evolution. Please can somebody with an Evo measure the hose length for me.

It's counterling tee piece to head inhale and lung to scrubber exhale. I know that the hose length will vary with tension but I just need the length on the floppy ;)

Thanks

I'll ask MrsT to measure mine when she's in, if you can hang on until late this afternoon...? If you can hang on until tomorrow afternoon, I'll measure it in person!

Paul r s
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll ask MrsT to measure mine when she's in, if you can hang on until late this afternoon...? If you can hang on until tomorrow afternoon, I'll measure it in person!

But what about the evo hose ?

Simon TW
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah I can hang on. I don't want to mess it up.

jturner
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah I can hang on. I don't want to mess it up.

No problem! I'll deal with it tomorrow pm.

Do you have a preference as to how I measure the hoses? Would measuring from the end of fittings at either end of the hose (ie stand hose upright on one end fitting, make sure it is straight and as near to vertical as possible and measure from floor to corresponding level of the top) be ok for you for example, or are you after just the length of corrogated hosing itself without the fittings attached (the reason I ask is that I haven't and don't take mine apart...)?

Simon TW
13-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Either way will do, this is i've got to go at present...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/265stw/Oxygen%20fire%20on%20Evo/CCR9_zpsf47f35a1.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/265stw/media/Oxygen%20fire%20on%20Evo/CCR9_zpsf47f35a1.jpg.html)

wamchop
13-08-2013, 06:48 AM
What happened to that poor thing? Looks like its been toasted!

thetrickster
13-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Still not rebuilt it yet??

Simon TW
13-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Still not rebuilt it yet??

I hope to finish it later today, I didn't receive it in that state, it was just a bag of some bits that were not to burned so I didn't have the benefit of stripping it down.

Thanks to folk getting the OCB I had two front loops and I have the nuts ready to make the rear hoses out of a set of front ones.

The scrubber can was the hardest thing to get, We had to buy new and it's a fortune. I had to get some new bits as well but in the main it's been done with second hand parts and AP were really quite good with the head, they did a deal for us and only that made it salvageable.

She wanted new first stages and O2 valve. I did service the old O2 valve and fit new bits on it but it didn't seal so must have a small distortion.

As soon as I know those hose lengths then it will be done.

JPTaylor
13-08-2013, 08:29 AM
As soon as I know those hose lengths then it will be done.

Evo. Evo+ & Inspo with ABS case from May 2008 use sames hoses

(Product Code: EV07D) - Replacement parts for the Evolution, the Evolution Plus and the Inspiration with the post-May 2008 ABS case.

So I'll measure mine...... (2010 Inspo, uses same hoses as Eo/Evo+)

counterling tee piece to head inhale
I take it you mean the hose from the c/lung t-piece to the grey plastic tube on the side of the scrubber can? The visible convoluted hose length is 29.5cm, but you need to allow a bit more for the hose under the black plastic cover (you can measure that I assume). The hoses will be no more than 36cm in length overall.

lung to scrubber exhale.
I assume you mean the bit that attaches to the lid/head itself onto the O2 cell holder tube?
The visible convoluted hose is 32.5cm in length, the hose is no more than 38cm overall.

The overall lengths are between the outer ends of covers (black plastic bit with beveled end/holes) that cover the ends of the hoses, this should be same as the overall length of the hose given how the fittings work.

Hope this helps.

Simon TW
13-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Finished!

Thank you very much.