X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SimonB
    TDF Member
    • May 2013

1st Attempt with Go Pro

Finally managed to get in the water last week - 1st attempt with Go Pro, currently handheld, found the results a bit shaky, but hopefully will improve with time.

Comments anyone ?

Isla Hormigas Marine Reserve - 4/7/13 - Cabo De Palos, Murcia, Spain - YouTube
  • Frappawotsit
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

I'm heading out there soon myself, so nice to see plenty of Marine life! Out of interest, which Dive centre did you use?

As for the video, my biggest observation is the soundtrack. For me, i found it very distracting, sometimes hard to concentrate on the video because of it! I've always found that much "gentler" music tends to work better for scenic dive videos. Of course, that's just my opinion.

And the end of the video needs finishing too, even something as simple as fading out to Black with your soundtrack fading out with it... but the abrupt "stop" that occurs is never a good option.

Nice footage though, i liked the bits with the Octopus!

Have fun with the GoPro, I love mine, but am still learning.... i'm reasonably new to it too.... This is my Vimeo if you want to have a look. (I'm not suggesting i'm any better, it's sometimes good to just see how others have done things, and take what you like, leave what you don't)
    https://vimeo.com/frappawotsit

Comment

• SimonB
      TDF Member
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Frappawotsit
      I'm heading out there soon myself, so nice to see plenty of Marine life! Out of interest, which Dive centre did you use?

Hi - I always use Islas Hormigas, the one thats on the marina amongst the resturants, Inicio | Club de Buceo Islas Hormigas, Cabo de Palos, Cartagena, Murcia. Juan Carlos Farra speaks good english and also gives a pretty good discount when he gets to know you. I've used a couple of others but always found them difficult to book with and when we did have a problem with a rapid ascent one in particular (Naranjito) wouldn't provide any assistance.

I'm back out there myself at the start of August, message me if you are around and fancy meeting up for a dive

Comment

• Digger
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

On Youtube there is a thing that removes the shaking, it is in the settings - worth a test if you've got a lot of shaky footage.

Digs.

Comment

• SimonB
          TDF Member
          • May 2013

Originally posted by Digger
          On Youtube there is a thing that removes the shaking, it is in the settings - worth a test if you've got a lot of shaky footage.

Digs.
          Shaky filter is on !! this is the corrected version

Comment

• Ainsley
            TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Something is wrong - way too much vis and no dry suits ???????????

Comment

Working...