PDA

View Full Version : Tasik Ria - Manado

jonesbird
04-07-2013, 11:57 AM
A few years ago (2009 I think) I arranged a group trip to Manado. One of our divers was in a wheelchair, following an accident and no longer has use of his legs. The guy was already an experienced diver did a disabled diving course as part of his rehab, and some of the group also did a disabled diving course before we went. Obviously I'd talked to them quite a lot before we went to see if it was feesible for him to go - not really expecting that it would be when I first made the enquiry. They were brilliant. They trained their own staff in how to deal with the diver, to get him in and out of the water, and assigned a permanent buddy to him who took amazing care of him. They also installed ramps everywhere around the resort, re-fitted one of the hotel rooms so that it was wheelchair friendly and generally went above and beyond to ensure he had a great holiday. Not only that - the service was great for the rest of us too, and the diving was awesome. So - if you're looking for a dive trip and have a disabled diver as part of your group - I fully recommend Tasik Ria.

Timw
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Agreed, Dan and Monica go out of their way to make sure everything goes well at the resort and diving. We were very well looked after there in March.

Argyle
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Great to hear and the diving at Bunaken is hard to beat, hoping to go back again next year.