PDA

View Full Version : Amount of posts since last visit ?

colinicky
28-05-2013, 09:16 PM
is there a limit on the amount of "New Posts" that can be displayed ? It does not seem to matter how long it is between visits I never get more than 3 pages of New Posts . Is there a user setting that I have missed somewhere ?
TIA
Colin

David
28-05-2013, 11:31 PM
er I seem to have eleven... so I am here even less than you :-(

Wilbo
29-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi Colin,

There is a recommended vBulletin default which we follow.

When you log in and check 'new posts', the server software performs a search against the database and returns up-to this default number of results. The results are spread across existing and new threads - which will total up to 3 pages of threads containing those new posts. All other posts returned that are greater than this default value (since your last visit) are discarded. The advice is to keep this value so as to not to affect server performance.

I hope this explains.

Cheers
Wilbo

colinicky
29-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Many thanks for taking the time to explain, although from David's reply I am feeling hard done by ! Lol

Wilbo
29-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Many thanks for taking the time to explain, although from David's reply I am feeling hard done by ! Lol

I'd say (without checking) that you and David have a different value set on posts per page..

David is speshul anyway.. ;)

:)

David
29-05-2013, 10:29 PM
thank darling but dont tell everyone :-)

oh and about my settings... er not changed anything I think there still set at defaults ????

got 12 pages now :-( feel free to have a rummage around my profile if it helps

where do you set posts per page anyway ? thanks