PDA

View Full Version : Surfing on the Throne?

Ian_6301
22-04-2013, 09:32 AM
So, following on from the comments on the Trivial thread, it appears that a number of the TDF brethren have been posting while ensconced on the throne, so to speak.

Me, I'm definitely a fan, hence the signature that pops up when I post from my Tablet, but I kinda get the feeling that there may be a split of opinions here and I was interested to find out what you all thought.

I've even enabled multi-guess, so you can indicate dicretely if you are enjoying the poll from the comfort of the crapper...

Oh, and rest assured - all posts are anonymous.

IanB
22-04-2013, 09:44 AM
There's a time and place and in the khazi isn't it. No wonder there's this (http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/17/study-1-in-6-cell-phones-contaminated-with-fecal-matter/) to worry about.

Squidge
22-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I do occasionally Facebook from the loo, but I'm usually too busy reading the extensive collection of Viz comics and annuals that we keep in there.

:)

6fathoms
22-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm afraid I save that time for facebook!

I pop in to TDF throughout the day on my work PC.

Broady
22-04-2013, 10:32 AM
As long as I remember which hand to use I am usually ok with it !! ;)

G

CraigofScotland
22-04-2013, 11:15 AM
For.

Its more productive than reading the back of the shampoo bottle.

jb2cool
22-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't typically visit forums from the throne but i often YouTube from there (Watching, not filming).

Finless
22-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Call me a traditionalist but: books or crossword puzzles for me.

I will admit to touching it quite often when I'm sat on the loo ...... oops, sorry, I meant to say "iTouching it quite often if searching for an answer to a difficult question (which, for me, is most of them)".

Davs
22-04-2013, 12:09 PM
There's a time and place and in the khazi isn't it. No wonder there's this (http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/17/study-1-in-6-cell-phones-contaminated-with-fecal-matter/) to worry about.

Surely that's more from people not washing their hands /after/ going to the loo. If you're shitting on your hands then playing with your phone just sitting there you have something wrong with you.

:-D

jturner
22-04-2013, 12:13 PM
You're all odd! Get in, get the job done, dispatch the "dead otter" with a timely flush and get out before the stench becomes over-powering!
Or maybe that's just the Stoney Cove bogs, at opening time+5mins... :puke

Graham Smith
22-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I personally thought it was pretty standard.....

http://content.bored.com/photos/11234193-large.jpg

But then I suppose there is always this argument....

http://makemelaugh.com/pics/No-I-Am-NOT-Addicted..-Your-Toilet-Computer-Desk-Says-Otherwise.jpg

Soup Dragon
22-04-2013, 01:02 PM
NO mobile just the paper & if I come across a picture of Ed Balls I do an Alf Garnett [if your old enough to remember]with it!
Soup Dragon

Finless
22-04-2013, 01:05 PM
NO mobile just the paper & if I come across a picture of Ed Balls I do an Alf Garnett [if your old enough to remember]with it!
Soup Dragon

I can understand why you don't take the mobile in with you!

Whilst on the subject: do you remember/know the joke that ends with the punchline; "two fivers for a tenner? :)

smudger
22-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Surely that's more from people not washing their hands /after/ going to the loo. If you're shitting on your hands then playing with your phone just sitting there you have something wrong with you.

:-D
Or Maybe its people from the old school used to take newspaper no loo roll no probs, Step in with fancy i-phone no loo roll, Old habits die hard.:shake:

Finless
22-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Or Maybe its people from the old school used to take newspaper no loo roll no probs, Step in with fancy i-phone no loo roll, Old habits die hard.:shake:

Do you remember Izal loo paper? I don't know if it is still made but if it is:"why?" There was (is?) a reason why nobody liked it!

Squidge
22-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Do you remember Izal loo paper? I don't know if it is still made but if it is:"why?"

My grandparents always used this loo paper. Why anyone would think that stiff shiny paper was good for absorbancy is beyond me.

Jen - Winged Blob
22-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Do you remember Izal loo paper? I don't know if it is still made but if it is:"why?" There was (is?) a reason why nobody liked it!

My mother liked it! So we had 2 loo rolls in our bathroom. Except for a (mercifully brief!) period of three options, when Dad went into economy drive and started tearing up his Telegraph into precise little squares. :shake:

Finless
22-04-2013, 02:13 PM
My mother liked it! So we had 2 loo rolls in our bathroom. Except for a (mercifully brief!) period of three options, when Dad went into economy drive and started tearing up his Telegraph into precise little squares. :shake:

In the 'good old days' newspaper ink wasn't 'fixed' quite so well so I can well imagine (in a nebulous non graphic way) some black inky bottoms?

Jen - Winged Blob
22-04-2013, 02:19 PM
In the 'good old days' newspaper ink wasn't 'fixed' quite so well so I can well imagine (in a nebulous non graphic way) some black inky bottoms?

I never ventured into Telegraph territory myself, and never enquired as the inkiness of my parents' posteriors, so I'll have to leave that one to your imagination. ;)

Dogmeat
22-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Too right I do!!

Books, paper, phone, pad, guff that's dropped through the letter box!

I take anything in, the one thing I don't like though is when you've maybe out stayed your welcome and you get up to leave and your feet have gone dead or you've got the imprint of the bog seat on you.

Good mate of mine doesn't even sit on the seat ( any, not just public) and he's in and out. The weirdo.

rubber chicken
22-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Isn't that what copies of Diver are for ?

Craig107
22-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Well I am in the no camp. I've nothing against people who do, I just don't understand why.

Perhaps I should take up cross stitching to while away the time. No, no, maybe finger knitting.

BTS
22-04-2013, 09:47 PM
You're all odd! Get in, get the job done,

The job isn't done until I have pins and needles in my feet....

Wifi is a god send....

Dave Lev
23-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Quietest room in the house. Lock out the kids, dog, wife and domestic staff.

Where better..?

Besides... the internet won't read itself. How will I know it is OK if I'm not online for a few minutes!?!

jturner
23-04-2013, 07:42 AM
The job isn't done until I have pins and needles in my feet....

Wifi is a god send....

That's either true dedication or simple constipation!
If it's the former, it brings a tear to my eye in acknowledgement of your sacrifice... if it's the latter, it probably brings a tear or two to yours!

Soup Dragon
23-04-2013, 08:35 AM
IZAL toilet paper was the work of the devil !!!it did,nt pick up as such it ahem !spread everything out,as soon as it got wet you gave yourself a quick prostate check,as I said work of old Nick himself.
Soup Dragon

BTS
23-04-2013, 09:11 AM
That's either true dedication or simple constipation!
If it's the former, it brings a tear to my eye in acknowledgement of your sacrifice... if it's the latter, it probably brings a tear or two to yours!

Pushing the farmers back up the hill stings a little....