Banner Ad

Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 with Scuba Travel by Tom Battel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddie Clamp
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 with Scuba Travel by Tom Battel

Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 with Scuba Travel by Tom Battell

Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 – whaleshark wonder

Staying on Maldivian island resorts and using the day boats we had never seen a whaleshark. The best opportunity we were assured was to go on a liveaboard where they sail further out and can track sightings. So liveaboard it is then…

Liveaboard: M Y Anastasia – Luxury diving with just 14 guests across 7 cabins

Scuba Travel: Best of Maldives itinerary – South Male → Ari → Rashdhoo → North Male. Getting close to those magical creatures, manta and whalesharks

Cost: Range £1665-£2000 - full board and diving together with flights via Heathrow

More information can be seen in Tom's great trip report here: http://www.thediveforum.com/trip-rep...rk-wonder.html

Last edited by Wilbo; 09-04-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: updating the link to Tom's trip report
    Eddie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQ61LapY3Q
  • jturner
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Eddie Clamp
    Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 with Scuba Travel by Tom Battell

Best of Maldives itinerary on MY Anastasia March 2013 – whaleshark wonder

Staying on Maldivian island resorts and using the day boats we had never seen a whaleshark. The best opportunity we were assured was to go on a liveaboard where they sail further out and can track sightings. So liveaboard it is then…

Liveaboard: M Y Anastasia – Luxury diving with just 14 guests across 7 cabins

Scuba Travel: Best of Maldives itinerary – South Male → Ari → Rashdhoo → North Male. Getting close to those magical creatures, manta and whalesharks

Cost: Range £1665-£2000 - full board and diving together with flights via Heathrow
    Hm! Looks good Eddie! Problem is we're only just back from 3 weeks out there and I've got no holiday allowance left!!!
    Last edited by Wilbo; 08-04-2013, 07:12 PM. Reason: link removed.
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

• jturner
      Established TDF Member
      • Jan 2013

Tom raises a number of points about standards of some dive guides in his report.
      Yes. It is interesting hearing some comments about such things and probably worth bearing in mind for all such trips IMHO. On our trip, we thought that whilst things weren't ideal with the guides and diving arrangements, they weren't too bad but others on the same party absolutely slated the guides and company in a certain US-based online magazine. Either way, it makes you appreciate it even more when you do go out on a well-run boat!
      The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

• smileydiver
        Not short, just concentrated awesome ;)
        • Dec 2012

Very helpful report thanks. Certainly some food for thought. I am potentially looking at a Maldives liveaboard next year and gathering info at present!
        The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• Davwardo
          TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

I am just back from a week on Anastasia.

Agree with the good quality of the boat and the staff. I think I saw Tom's comments about the diving in the guestbook!!!

We had the new guide and they were certainly not dangerous but the quality was still not great. All of us were pretty dismayed at the amount of climbing on coral that was seen and there was a fair amount of swimming against the current ( although we all appreciated that Maldives diving will involve some of this! ).

What annoyed us even more was that this was publicised as a boat with nitrox which then never materialised.

Would I go back on Anastasia? No, not without nitrox. If they had nitrox, I would consider it but definitely take a reef hook.
          Cheers, Dave

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gueuk/

Comment

• Eddie Clamp
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by jturner
            Yes. It is interesting hearing some comments about such things and probably worth bearing in mind for all such trips IMHO. On our trip, we thought that whilst things weren't ideal with the guides and diving arrangements, they weren't too bad but others on the same party absolutely slated the guides and company in a certain US-based online magazine. Either way, it makes you appreciate it even more when you do go out on a well-run boat!
            Tom's trip has been sorted by ScubaTravel with action and discount offers - which is good. Only time I had a problem with them was not of their fault but was solved by TB himself on my return.

Do not tell me the RE burnt down later - I already know
            Last edited by Wilbo; 08-04-2013, 06:52 PM. Reason: continuous hotlinking to other fora is bad form.
            Eddie

Comment

• divingtheark
              TDF Member
              • Apr 2013

[QUOTE=Last edited by Wilbo; Yesterday at 18:52. Reason: continuous hotlinking to other fora is bad form. :[/QUOTE]

Hello there - first post for me and I am the Tom that wrote the BSAC Travel report. Eddie told me about this forum as I had not heard about it. I see that you have been editing Eddie's hotlinks. Perhaps it makes nonsense of this thread as you now cannot link and read the report. Happy for the report to be used on this website if that helps. Let me know.

TOM

Comment

• Wilbo
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by divingtheark
                Hello there - first post for me and I am the Tom that wrote the BSAC Travel report. Eddie told me about this forum as I had not heard about it. I see that you have been editing Eddie's hotlinks. Perhaps it makes nonsense of this thread as you now cannot link and read the report. Happy for the report to be used on this website if that helps. Let me know.

TOM
                Hi Tom,

Thanks for registering! Please feel free to post up your trip report(s) here on TDF - we'd love to see them!
                Cheers!
                Wilbo
                - Forum Admin.

www.thediveforum.com - invite your friends.. Lets not make this a good forum. Lets make this a great forum!

Comment

• Wilbo
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Tom,

I've linked this thread to your trip report..

Many thanks for posting
                  Cheers!
                  Wilbo
                  - Forum Admin.

www.thediveforum.com - invite your friends.. Lets not make this a good forum. Lets make this a great forum!

Comment

• Eddie Clamp
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by divingtheark
                    Hello there - first post for me and I am the Tom that wrote the BSAC Travel report. Eddie told me about this forum as I had not heard about it. I see that you have been editing Eddie's hotlinks. Perhaps it makes nonsense of this thread as you now cannot link and read the report. Happy for the report to be used on this website if that helps. Let me know.TOM
                    Cheers Tom.

I would like to reiterate that any links I have placed here to trip reports I have edited have ALWAYS been with the permission of the original writer. There has been no invasion of intellectual property in my humble opinion but that being said I respect the originators and mods of this forum which seems to me to be a comfortable place to be .

I myself do not consider the BSAC Travel Club site to be a forum, which I run as an unpaid volunteer with the help of BSAC HQ, but as a great research facility for holiday reports written 'by divers for divers'. So I would quibble with Wilbo on that one as it not having breached so-called forum etiquette (what ever that is) Maybe we could have a poll on it! Is the BSAC Travel Club a forum or a dive holiday facility- yes or no?

Best wishes all!
                    Eddie

Comment

• Wilbo
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

Cheers Tom.

I would like to reiterate that any links I have placed here to trip reports I have edited have ALWAYS been with the permission of the original writer. There has been no invasion of intellectual property in my humble opinion but that being said I respect the originators and mods of this forum which seems to me to be a comfortable place to be .

I myself do not consider the BSAC Travel Club site to be a forum, which I run as an unpaid volunteer with the help of BSAC HQ, but as a great research facility for holiday reports written 'by divers for divers'. So I would quibble with Wilbo on that one as it not having breached so-called forum etiquette (what ever that is) Maybe we could have a poll on it! Is the BSAC Travel Club a forum or a dive holiday facility- yes or no?

Best wishes all!
                      Eddie,

Thanks for your understanding.

I am here to protect the traffic on TDF, not drive it away to another Dive forum/website. Of course we don't mind the odd one, but we weren't talking about the odd one Eddie were we..

My decision is final.
                      Last edited by Wilbo; 10-04-2013, 05:54 AM.
                      Cheers!
                      Wilbo
                      - Forum Admin.

Comment

• David
                        mods been messing
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wilbo

My decision is final.
                        no its not its subject to how much sleep the kids let you get :-)
                        testing a lot :-)

Comment

Working...