PDA

View Full Version : UK travel in Europe

graham_hk
03-06-2021, 04:38 PM
Has anybody tried or contemplating transiting France on the way to somewhere else in Europe (I do have a valid reason for travel and not just going on a jolly) - any insights?

Germany and Italy have clear instructions about transiting and about what is and what is not allowed ... France is not so clear

jamesp
03-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Has anybody tried or contemplating transiting France on the way to somewhere else in Europe (I do have a valid reason for travel and not just going on a jolly) - any insights?

Germany and Italy have clear instructions about transiting and about what is and what is not allowed ... France is not so clear

Best information I saw was linked from the Snowheads forum!

I will try and do a copy paste of the links later, the information does appear to be a little "agile" though.

cazyoung
03-06-2021, 07:09 PM

All I can say is good luck!!

jturner
03-06-2021, 07:23 PM

Yes. He's due back in the early hours of tomorrow morning if I understand it correctly having been out on Sunday, France, Italy, Croatia then back. What specifically do you want to know?

graham_hk
03-06-2021, 07:30 PM
All I can say is good luck!!

that fills me with confidence ...

graham_hk
03-06-2021, 07:31 PM
Yes. He's due back in the early hours of tomorrow morning if I understand it correctly having been out on Sunday, France, Italy, Croatia then back. What specifically do you want to know?

ah - I think he left before the new rules on 31st 00:00 - I wanted to know if they are allowing transit and exit or that you have to self isolate for 7-days ... and any words from the wise, i.e., those that have gone before

Pete Bullen
03-06-2021, 10:07 PM
Friends of mine have just driven down to their house in Spain (last weekend), Folkestone was a pain by all accounts but otherwise it was simple although expensive. They needed 2 x PCR tests for France and for Spain as they were entering from France.
They said there was little traffic on the roads, the journey was uneventful and they stayed overnight near Lyon without trouble.

graham_hk
04-06-2021, 07:03 AM
Friends of mine have just driven down to their house in Spain (last weekend), Folkestone was a pain by all accounts but otherwise it was simple although expensive. They needed 2 x PCR tests for France and for Spain as they were entering from France.
They said there was little traffic on the roads, the journey was uneventful and they stayed overnight near Lyon without trouble.

ah ha - resident in Europe ... I can't do that :(

Thanks for information though :)

jamesp
04-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Link as promised.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Pete Bullen
04-06-2021, 08:15 PM
ah ha - resident in Europe ... I can't do that :(

Thanks for information though :)

Sorry, Obviously didn't make it clear enough, they drove from the UK and are UK residents. I may not be a UK res anymore but still know a few people in the UK. :D

graham_hk
04-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Sorry, Obviously didn't make it clear enough, they drove from the UK and are UK residents. I may not be a UK res anymore but still know a few people in the UK. :D

you said they drove down to their house - I am just guessing they have resident status in Spain which qualifies them.

Although things looking up: https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-US-and-UK-on-France-s-amber-travel-list-from-June-9

Ian@1904
06-06-2021, 01:20 PM
HMG have updated the traffic light system. The only countries we can now travel to are those countries that voted for us in Eurovision.