PDA

View Full Version : Sale Listings Etiquette? Many or One?

PeterL
24-02-2013, 12:14 PM
It's that time of year and I am like others having a major re-visit on the man-cave.
What's considered fair for listings, I have stuff as diverse as twinsets, booster, drysuits and more. How many listings is too many, should I raise separate listings for stuff that's going to get banter?

Thoughts / Ideas, by value, by type or other?

P

Paulo
24-02-2013, 12:16 PM
It is up to you but a large single entry is easy to follow and you can remove items as they are sold

Mal
24-02-2013, 12:27 PM
In my view it's up to you. There are pro's and cons to each approach.

Solo ads call out the big things well and can attract interest, joint ads can similarly do that esp. if someone is looking for a complete set up.

We get enough posts on this board that with either approach it does not look like we are swamped with ads ... But please be courteous to others in terms of bumps which are not really that friendly a thing to do!

HTH
Mal

PeterL
24-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Some of my items are going to get drowned out with noise hence asking. I might split some of it off to solo and others to groups.
Cheers
P

Baz
24-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Multiple individual listings are just annoying.

Scuttler
24-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I'd go with 10 items per listing. Multiple single items are a PITA. having too many items on one listing an get messy.

PeterL
24-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Multiple individual listings are just annoying.

As a person from the colonies annoying is relative but I do try and avoid peeving the natives where ever I am....... :D

SoggyBottoms
24-02-2013, 04:37 PM
you may be from the Colonies; but you're still more British than 54.9% of your neighbours - according to recent demographic press releases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elvis
24-02-2013, 05:46 PM
you may be from the Colonies; but you're still more British than 54.9% of your neighbours - according to recent demographic press releases

Why is he welsh? :confused:

SoggyBottoms
24-02-2013, 06:52 PM
nope. Peter is British

Paulo
24-02-2013, 06:55 PM
nope. Peter is British

Would I be nearly right in assuming that this is a Channel Islands thing?

dwhitlow
24-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I would go with one listing with all the items and update post 1 as things get sold.

Each post will bring it back to the top of the pile and therefore visible whilst lots of single listings will fall off the edge of the world fairly quickly.

Elvis
25-02-2013, 09:39 AM
nope. Peter is British

So likely to be of Franco-Scandinavian stock then.

PeterL
25-02-2013, 10:01 AM
So likely to be of Franco-Scandinavian stock then.

I'm a genetic throwback to a simpler time in this country, mostly of Franco / Saxon stock but sadly they were not as deft or as cunning as the more recent arrivals so they were isolated and persecuted.
It's a harrowing tale but one that has a lucky ending.... ;)