PDA

View Full Version : Nipple replacement ....

M-J-J
30-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Hello all,

Trying to find some nipples to replace those on my Classic MAVs to standard international BCD fitting, so i can add offboard DIL and O2.

All the ones i have found have a nut on the end which prevents them screwing into the MAV block, the AP ones are straight cut with no nut and you just use mole grips for leverage!

So i need some long nipples without nuts on them...

Help??

Cheers Matt

LJ1989
30-05-2019, 11:10 AM
I can lend you some....they sometime have nuts on but if you want I can give you them without 😂

Martin Parker
31-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Hello all,

Trying to find some nipples to replace those on my Classic MAVs to standard international BCD fitting, so i can add offboard DIL and O2.

All the ones i have found have a nut on the end which prevents them screwing into the MAV block, the AP ones are straight cut with no nut and you just use mole grips for leverage!

So i need some long nipples without nuts on them...

Help??

Cheers Matt

Why don't you just fit an AP50 hose to each side mount cylinder?

ManualOverride
31-05-2019, 10:08 AM
I can lend you some....they sometime have nuts on but if you want I can give you them without ��

And I thought OC diving double entendres were bad enough :D

M-J-J
02-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Why don't you just fit an AP50 hose to each side mount cylinder?

Hi Martin,

I wanted to move away from those hoses as the vast majority of other divers have the standard international hoses on their deco/bailout tanks.

Otherwise i am adding new hoses to other peoples equipment just on the off chance i need to access team bailout.

There is a small secondary factor in that the wing inflate is also standard so having two whips per bottle (one for offboard gas and one for wing/suit inflation) just bumps up the failure points and complexity.

I handed off some deco gas to a Vision diver on the boat a couple of weeks ago and it plugged straight in so im guessing the Visions use intl. fitting or they had made the same modification.

Dave1w
02-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Didnít AP used to sell slightly different nipples that worked with standard ďapeksĒ type hoses? I know they did for BCDs and Iím sure I remember seeing them for the MAVs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garspeed
06-06-2019, 03:41 PM
AP fittings from MAV hoses etc will normally fit on standard suit inflates or BCD's but not the other way round ie standard hoses will not latch on to AP MAV's

WFO
08-06-2019, 08:00 PM
The plain bit on the end of the nipple on the AP stuff must be over length, can you grind a bit off the end?