PDA

View Full Version : Stanstead Booster Repair

Paulo
21-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Anyone ever serviced a Stanstead gas booster?

It allows gas to pass through as a decanting whip but once drive gas is connected it just leaks back out. It will not build up any pressure on the drive gas at all.

I contacted Cetek and got the manual and service kit.

Mike said that it is failed on the upstroke.

Has anyone ever serviced one?

Barrygoss
21-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Anyone ever serviced a Stanstead gas booster?

It allows gas to pass through as a decanting whip but once drive gas is connected it just leaks back out. It will not build up any pressure on the drive gas at all.

I contacted Cetek and got the manual and service kit.

Mike said that it is failed on the upstroke.

Has anyone ever serviced one?

Failed on the upstroke? Story of your life? 😂

You’ve bolloxed Ken’s booster?

;)

B

Paulo
21-08-2018, 10:03 PM
I am buying it now :(

gobfish1
21-08-2018, 10:03 PM
send it back to ken to sort for you :grin:

Paulo
21-08-2018, 10:05 PM
I was gonna send him the £400 bill but I think he would strangle me, even with his gammy hands

Do I take it that you too geniuses cannot help with fixing it?

Barrygoss
21-08-2018, 10:07 PM
I was gonna send him the £400 bill but I think he would strangle me, even with his gammy hands

#two.

Nah, we’re just here to take the p1ss of your ham fisted abuse of a previously working booster 😉

B

Paulo
21-08-2018, 10:09 PM
#two.

Nah, we’re just here to take the p1ss of your ham fisted abuse of a previously working booster ��

B

it was working then i left it for a month and then it wasnt working ... not my fault

gobfish1
21-08-2018, 10:09 PM

yes we are both as you say geniuses indeed ,
but we are not feeking know it all,s

id give tel a pm :rofl:

Barrygoss
21-08-2018, 10:14 PM
yes we are both as you say geniuses indeed ,
but we are not feeking know it all,s

id give tel a pm :rofl:

Better call Tel.

It’s like “better call Saul” but without the positive outcome.

B

Paulo
21-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Better call Tel.

It’s like “better call Saul” but without the positive outcome.

B

Ya but better call saul only has 1 new episode a week :D

Capt Morgan
21-08-2018, 11:23 PM
Does Mike not have a load of service videos on YouTube?

Paulo
21-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Didnt know that

Paulo
21-08-2018, 11:35 PM
I dont think he has one that covers what I need :(

Paulo
21-08-2018, 11:38 PM
I got the service kit in the post, it doesnt have the "service lube" that the manual mentions and that he mentioned in his emails.

I am waiting for a reply to find out if I can just use silicone grease. I had expected that the 50 quid service kit contained more than half a dozen o-rings in a bag and that it would have included the service lube too

Steve C
22-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Does it just whoosh when you switch on the drive air? If so it may be that the top O-ring needs to be regreased (silicone grease is fine as its the drive side). This video shows what to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uOUr1CIMg

With mine it was the large thin o ring (that looks loose when the top comes off) that was dry. Only that needed regreasing and the thing put back together. Alternatively remove the white shuttle and regrease that too,

Paulo
22-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Does it just whoosh when you switch on the drive air? If so it may be that the top O-ring needs to be regreased (silicone grease is fine as its the drive side). This video shows what to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uOUr1CIMg

With mine it was the large thin o ring (that looks loose when the top comes off) that was dry. Only that needed regreasing and the thing put back together. Alternatively remove the white shuttle and regrease that too,

Thanks Steve. I had actually tried that before I got the service kit. It didnt seem to work. I think I will need to work on it iver the weekend. I am trapped at home over the weekend as the Pope is visiting Dublin and we are within the traffic management area so I have a chance to play with it

daviesjez
22-08-2018, 08:09 AM
When mine done as you described, the large white plastic shuttle in the top lid had a split in it. Mike sent me a replacement and all has been good ever since...

Alby R
22-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Thanks Steve. I had actually tried that before I got the service kit. It didnt seem to work. I think I will need to work on it iver the weekend. I am trapped at home over the weekend as the Pope is visiting Dublin and we are within the traffic management area so I have a chance to play with it

paulo

can you not ask the pope to bless it, might work. :rofl::rofl:

alby

Capt Morgan
22-08-2018, 08:50 AM
paulo

alby

He's obviously staying at home incase he calls in for a cup of tea anyway :)

Paulo
22-08-2018, 08:50 AM
paulo

alby

A rain dance would be as effective

Paulo
22-08-2018, 08:51 AM
He's obviously staying at home incase he calls in for a cup of tea anyway :)

Unless my clergy are naked in a sauna I have no interest!!

Capt Morgan
22-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Unless my clergy are naked in a sauna I have no interest!!

I wouldn't rule it out ;)