PDA

View Full Version : Halcyon single tank adaptor weight

Phil Lloyd
20-08-2018, 06:32 PM
I am taking my Halcyon single tank adaptor to Egypt on Easyjet.
There is unlimited weight on hand luggage.
Does anybody know if I am going to have a problem with the single tank adaptor weight in hand luggage It is 2.7kg of lead encased in a plastic protective coating
Thanks

jb2cool
20-08-2018, 07:38 PM
I used to take mine but mine was in the hold. I think it’d raise some eyebrows but you should ultimately be ok, if it’s with other dive gear (wing/backplate) then it’ll look a bit better in my opinion

Energy58
21-08-2018, 04:59 AM
I have taken weights in hand luggage (not on EasyJet but security are going to be your big issue not the airline) I didn't have a problem at Heathrow but transferring in Zurich took a long time as my weights went through the security scanner about 10 times first in my bag then one at a time in every orientation, much head scratching, phone calls etc. In the end they let me through but that was efficient Switzerland - if you get some minimum wage Jobsworth at the airport you may not see them again. (I have had my dinner taken off me - a lump of rare roast beef - and seen an argument over whether a toy tank about 4" long counted as a replica gun, both in the UK).

I just checked the price of the Halcyon lead - how much??? I think I would leave the weight at home and either dive with an extra 2kg on my belt or buy a weight pouch or two to mount weights on your cambands if you really want to minimise the weight on your belt.

braun
21-08-2018, 05:58 AM
My thoughts:
Leave the weight at home. It's too much hassle. I leave mine and simply put some weight on the cam band in pockets. On holiday in warm water you are likely to be carrying less buoyancy and thus will require less lead anyway.

Phil Lloyd
21-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Yep Halcyon prices are obscene
I bought the travel wing, harness and weight as a package second hand.