X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sim667
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2016

Aeris EX100/Oceanic Excursion 2 BCD's

Hoping to get some advice, I'm currently diving in a US Diver Cousteau BCD which I picked up off a fellow club member when I first started diving 18 months ago.... Its served me well, but there's a couple of things that niggle me about and I've been considering getting something a bit newer with integrated weights, a shoulder dump valve, a pull dump on the inflater........ But mostly keen on the intergrated weights as I currently wear a harness under the bcd, and its a bugger if you forget to put the harness on, and I'm not overkeen on the fact I've got straps everywhere. Additionally my current BCD only has one shoulder clip as opposed to one on each side, and one waist clip, which has come undone a couple of times as I've been in it.

I noticed there's some ex school equipment/ex rental equipment for sale:

Aeris EX100 for £50 - which I'd take a punt on unseen and if I didn't like it would stick it on ebay, however these have been discontinued, so I don't know what price they are new.

Oceanic Excursion 2 - £200, which isn't money I want to spend right now, but they're £400 brand new, so I would seriously consider it. I'd go and check the state of it first.

Has anyone got any experience of either of these BCD's?
    Simscubadives on youtube
    My general photography on youtube
Working...