PDA

View Full Version : Loop hose leak.

Ken
16-10-2016, 01:43 PM
I have a small leak about two corrugations from the T piece end of my loop inhale side DSV hose. How easy is chopping an refitting these hoses? I will order the spare hose from Narked@90, but is there anything else I should know or consider?

Ken

Baron015
16-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I have a small leak about two corrugations from the T piece end of my loop inhale side DSV hose. How easy is chopping an refitting these hoses? I will order the spare hose from Narked@90, but is there anything else I should know or consider?

Ken

It's easy, I've done this recently.

You will knacker the wire retainer hoops getting them off and can replace with cable ties. I use two.

I fixed the hole in the loop with a dab of superglue, lasted for months until I got round to ordering new hose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken
16-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Thanks. The hint about the clips is very helpful. I'll order the bits today but might try the superglue fix meanwhile.

Interestingly, the loop had held a fine negative and positive and I only noticed the issue when I lifted the loop and heard the fizzing.

cathal
16-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Interestingly, the loop had held a fine negative and positive and I only noticed the issue when I lifted the loop and heard the fizzing.
The weight of the loop hanging down will press on the area with the leak and will seal it. But in water when the loop is neutral or so that's when you'll see the bubbles.

daviesjez
16-10-2016, 07:00 PM
If you are careful removing the wire clips, they can be re-used. Just try not to bend out of shape...😋

Ken
24-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Ok, so I bought the hose and new clips from Narked. I cocked up and didn't ring them for advice (as they offered in reply to my email) as I had run out of time and it was a bit late when I got to it. It went ok but I could not figure out how to get the clips on without damaging then so gave up and used cable ties.

I will be in the presence of an expert soonish and will ask for help in the flesh.

Anyone care to describe how they did it? I feel dirty about my treatment of the split rings. Maybe I am just not brutal enough...

To add insult I nearly canned the dive too due to iffy ears, but eventually got them back at 6m on my way back up the shot.

Dave1w
24-10-2016, 04:55 PM
You can possibly put the plastic ring in place inside the hose, then the split ring, then push the tee into it until the plastic ring seats in its groove. I just used cable ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baron015
24-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah, always put the plastic rings inside the hose first, then push the whole thing over the connector. This is x1,000 easier than putting the plastic rings onto the connector and then trying to slide the hose over them. Maybe x100,000 times easier.

I actually prefer cable ties. What's the advantage of reusing the wire retainer clips ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken
24-10-2016, 05:50 PM
I figured out the rings in the hose, I also tried having the clip in place but could not shove the connector into the hose. I might have managed with an extra arm or two to spread the ring but I gave in and bodged it with cable ties.

The clip looks proper and I suspect only applies just enough force to do the job of stopping random violence pulling the ends off.

Janos
24-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Another big fan of cable ties here....

Janos