PDA

View Full Version : Analog JJ??

Paulo
21-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Might seem stupid to some but ......

I saw an analog JJ sold here recently. What makes it analog vs what ever a non-analog version (digital??)

Cheers

Paul r s
21-07-2016, 07:09 PM
The newer version is divecan. It has different electronics, petrel handset and hud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikael
21-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Divecan be shearwater owned version of a CAN bus which is a type of communication protocol?

I could literally be just adding words together here. This stuff is all unknown to me.

Paul r s
21-07-2016, 07:15 PM
On the older units the predator handset was the controller, it would tell the solenoid when to fire.
On the divecan the petrel handset is just the display, the electronics are in the head. The handset can be unplugged and a new one plugged in (not underwater)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwhitlow
21-07-2016, 10:22 PM
On the older units the predator handset was the controller, it would tell the solenoid when to fire.
On the divecan the petrel handset is just the display, the electronics are in the head. The handset can be unplugged and a new one plugged in (not underwater)

so the new one is a bit like the Vision and has the set-point controller in the lid? Does it still have just the one, or is there now a redundant controller monitoring and ready to take over?

Janos
21-07-2016, 10:42 PM
so the new one is a bit like the Vision and has the set-point controller in the lid? Does it still have just the one, or is there now a redundant controller monitoring and ready to take over?

I think there is a controller in the head. It will maintain set point at (say) 1.2 without a computer attached. The Shearwater can be used to set the setpoint to (say) 1.3. Then the controller will maintain it at 1.3 even if the cable is cut.

I think divecan has two connectors, either of which can take a Shearwater computer, hud, or nerd.

I have an anolgue JJ. I'd quite like a divecan version but in struggling to justify the cost as my unit, well, it just keeps on working.

Janos.

matjazr
23-08-2017, 08:10 PM
is it still ok to buy analog one or is better to check to buy digital one...?

notdeadyet
24-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Might seem stupid to some but ......

I saw an analog JJ sold here recently. What makes it analog vs what ever a non-analog version (digital??)

CheersThe difference is you get to tell everyone how much you spent upgrading to a digital model.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Capt Morgan
25-08-2017, 11:59 AM
I think i must have a divecan KISS !
The controllers in the head,
that's my head.
It's digitally controlled,
with one digit of my hand.
:rofl:

matt
25-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Bruce made a post here: https://www.ccrexplorers.com/community/threads/what-is-divecan-and-why-would-i-care.17167/

Matt.