PDA

View Full Version : Seacure X-Type V - Anybody tried?

thetrickster
30-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Anybody tried the new X-Type V Seacure mouthpieces on a Reb?

Very little info on the net on differences on the HiFlow and the IV size.

Regards

Rich.

SilentDiver
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Might try and phone Custom Divers, (I believe they are the UK importers/dealers at least that is where I heard about them), tomorrow see if I can get anymore details as I was thinking about getting one for a while but held off due to possible WOB issues but if this is mush higher gas flow then might be worth a try to reduce jaw fatigue.

If I get any info I will post it here.

thetrickster
05-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I phoned them, they only have the IV ones and I think only the HiFlow not the X-Type.

I might put an order in with divegearexpress. Not cheap mind!

Regards

Rich.

SilentDiver
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I phoned them, they only have the IV ones and I think only the HiFlow not the X-Type.

I might put an order in with divegearexpress. Not cheap mind!

Regards

Rich.

I phoned them today as I hadnt read your post above.

After talking to Custom Divers and down loading the PDF and then looking at the divegearexpress website I thought the x-type and the hi-flow were possiby the same mouthpiece...

But then I looked at the Seacure website and its not very clear at all.

So now I am confused :)

thetrickster
06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
So now I am confused :)

Welcome to my world!

I've emailed seacure, will post up what I get...

BcDiver
17-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi guys I bought one for a th shrimp and they def fit better than the P11 ones in terms of fitting over the mp opening and they are a wider bore hut the bite tabs are much thinner as is the mp in general so you need to be careful when heating it up and shaping it (ie don't bite as hard as you would have done with the earlier models). Wob seems to be ok but I have to say I preferred the P11 in terms of preventing jaw fatigue.
James