X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spinal
    TDF Member
    • May 2016

Hydro Prices

A query... I need to get a few cylinders hydro'ed; but prices seem to vary quite drastically.

On the cheaper end I'm finding £20/£25 for the hydro with a valve service, while on the more expensive end I'm finding £50/£60 for what I would have thought would be the same thing.

What do people pay, and maybe more importantly, where? With about a dozen cylinders, every penny counts!

M.
  • OutOfTest
    Established TDF Member
    • Oct 2013

This place is cheap and good, a rare combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• londonsean69
      Bacon fiend
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by OutOfTest
      It would have to be mega cheap for 2 return journeys from West London to Liverpool to make it worthwhile.

To the OP - Amphibian Sports in West Norwood do testing on site, not the cheapest, but Jim's work is spot on, and with a dozen cylinders I am sure you could negotiate.
      Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Comment

• uncertainplume
        TDF Member
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by londonsean69
        It would have to be mega cheap for 2 return journeys from West London to Liverpool to make it worthwhile.

To the OP - Amphibian Sports in West Norwood do testing on site, not the cheapest, but Jim's work is spot on, and with a dozen cylinders I am sure you could negotiate.
        and he does the job in-house.

Comment

• londonsean69
          Bacon fiend
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by londonsean69

Originally posted by uncertainplume
          and he does the job in-house.
          Yeah, I know
          Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Comment

• bubbleless
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

So do CTS but their house is in Liverpool........

12 cylinders on a pallet £60 there £60 back, say its £20 per test , testing £240, carriage £120 total £360
            12 cylinders local £60 each total testing £720.

Thats why so much is made in china.......

Comment

• Spinal
              TDF Member
              • May 2016

The cheapest near me (that I can find ) is £35 for the hydro + whatever the O2 clean ends up being (though they've offered to knock 10% off due to volume). Liverpool is indeed a little far...

I used to use wraysbury, but was single I dropped off got charged at £40 for the test, £30 for the O2 clean and then £15 for a fill (I thought first fill was meant to be free ).

Has anyone used the diving cellar? They seem exceedingly cheap at £25 a pop... is it a case of kwik-fit type cheap mot's that always find something wrong? (and only 35/40 mins from stoney)

M.
              Last edited by Spinal; 07-06-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• drysuitdiver
                Banned
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Spinal
                The cheapest near me is £35 for the hydro + whatever the O2 clean ends up being (though they've offered to knock 10% off due to volume). Liverpool is indeed a little far...

I used to use wraysbury, but was single I dropped off got charged at £40 for the test, £30 for the O2 clean and then £15 for a fill.

Has anyone used the diving cellar? They seem exceedingly cheap at £25 a pop... is it a case of kwik-fit type cheap mot's that always find something wrong? (and only 35/40 mins from stoney)

M.
                Dive cellar are no longer an approved test house. There was s big thread on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• PhilPage
                  Established TDF Member
                  • May 2014

I use Stoney for all my stuff atm

Comment

• mark weaver
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

From Go-Dive web site, where i get my tests done. They do not do them in house, i believe they send them to stoney but go-Dive is a quater of the milage for me.

CYLINDERS

Cylinder Hydrostatic Test - £25.00

Cylinder Visual Internal / External Inspection - £20.00

Valve service £10.00 (To be carried out with either of the above cylinder tests)

O2 Clean Cylinder and Valve - £25.00 if carried out with a test otherwise £30.00

I recently had a stage hydro and cleaned cost £50 as the clean involves the valve so you do not get charged the £10 valve service.

Comment

• Spinal
                      TDF Member
                      • May 2016

Thanks. Has anyone used these guys?

At £44 per hydro+O2, they seem the cheapest (and their line about club gear means that I may be able to get a further discount... hopefully). Just need to find an excuse to goto Cardiff!

Comment

• Vanny
                        Gone diving back later
                        • Jan 2013

Have you asked kent diving ?

Comment

• matt
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Spinal

M.
                          A few of us reported Derby Diving for mis-practice and recently his IDEST stamp was removed and he sold-up.

I use Lance, and I travel from London as I have too many cylinders to chance it. Call him and see what he can do for you.

Matt.

Comment

Working...