PDA

View Full Version : GG Shrimp 2nd stage servicing

hall-e
02-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if there's anywhere in the UK who can service the GG shrimp 2nd stage? I've no idea on how to do it myself, so would rather have it done by someone in the know.

Cheers for any info

notdeadyet
02-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Golem used to have the service manual online for the non-2nd stage DSV parts, the rest is just the innards of an Apeks 2nd stage and you can service following any of the online manuals/tutorials. The actual DSV part is pretty straightforward to service.

If you don't want to service it yourself then I would guess Pawel Szopinski might be worth a try as I believe he's a Hammerhead RB technician which uses a GG BOV.

WFO
03-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Worth checking manual/contact GG as the valve seat in the original GG BOV was slightly different to the standard apeks part, only a cheap part though.

hall-e
03-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info. I've seen the online manual for the DSV side, which is pretty straight forward, it's the 2nd stage I'm looking at. It's decided to start leaking slighty every now and then, and I haven't had it serviced from new, which is 18 months ago. I'll take your advice and try and contact Pawel Szopinski and see if he can help.

Thanks a lot