PDA

View Full Version : avatars ??

stewy41
19-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Can someone point me in the direction of a website for an avatar tried to upload one from my computer but it doesnt seem to work:confused:. Tia

holly
19-01-2013, 04:38 PM
resize it in paint, it has to be 80 by 80 pixels

GLOC
19-01-2013, 04:42 PM
....and then hosted somewhere like FB, Flickr or Photobucket, copy the URL from those sites. Read the FAQ about posting images.

Regards

dirkhh
03-04-2013, 06:56 PM
....and then hosted somewhere like FB, Flickr or Photobucket, copy the URL from those sites. Read the FAQ about posting images.

Regards

Ok, I get that. Actually, no I don't. Really? Avatars? You don't have enough space to host 10kB worth of Avatar per user? But I digress...

When I go to settings->Edit Avatar all I see is a note that I don't have an Avatar but no way to enter a URL that hosts my Avatar.

What am I missing?

londonsean69
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Ok, I get that. Actually, no I don't. Really? Avatars? You don't have enough space to host 10kB worth of Avatar per user? But I digress...

When I go to settings->Edit Avatar all I see is a note that I don't have an Avatar but no way to enter a URL that hosts my Avatar.

What am I missing?

This thread - http://www.thediveforum.com/contact-admin/3274-still-no-avatar.html

I don't see why you are so desperate to have an avatar up though?

dirkhh
03-04-2013, 08:10 PM
This thread - http://www.thediveforum.com/contact-admin/3274-still-no-avatar.html

I don't see why you are so desperate to have an avatar up though?

Personal silliness. No real reason. It's more along the lines of "ok, let's get this profile setup up... heck why doesn't this work???" and not finding an answer. Maybe this could go into the FAQ section (which I did read) - but then maybe it's too easy for spammers to figure things out.

Anyway, the simple answer is: you need at least five posts. And about an hour since the fifth post. And then everything magically works.

If you are too impatient for that (like me) you will rightfully be made fun of. :nerd:

nigel hewitt
19-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Anyway, the simple answer is: you need at least five posts. And about an hour since the fifth post. And then everything magically works.
Thanks... I'll just wait then...

edward
19-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Good to see you here Nigel.

Mal
19-09-2013, 11:45 PM

"Your wish is our command" :)

Welcome Nigel
Mal

BenL
20-09-2013, 12:14 AM

What took you so long?

nigel hewitt
20-09-2013, 06:47 AM
What took you so long?
I'm learning to dive a single OC again so I can be a club instructor. It's scarey watching the SPG crash towards the kill zone (red bit). I had dumped 'burger world and didn't go looking for more but the BSAC forum is being progressively euthenised by the powers that be so I'll want somewhere to go.

Well and there was this slight problem with a very bent hang glider.

On topic: Thanks for pulling the ol' Kirby hard hat over Mal.

Ian_6301
20-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm learning to dive a single OC again so I can be a club instructor. It's scarey watching the SPG crash towards the kill zone (red bit). I had dumped 'burger world and didn't go looking for more but the BSAC forum is being progressively euthenised by the powers that be so I'll want somewhere to go.

Well and there was this slight problem with a very bent hang glider.

On topic: Thanks for pulling the ol' Kirby hard hat over Mal.

Welcome back/home, Nigel!

there's a lack of rant links on this forum at the moment and although some of us have been doing our best, the hit rate on your website must have taken a dive.

good luck with the hang glider...