Banner Ad

Seahouses / Farnes - who does fills and where?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    Could start a fight in a convent.
    • Dec 2012

Seahouses / Farnes - who does fills and where?

As per the title really. Who does fills, what are their open times, what rates, who is friendly?

Air will suffice though out of curiosity would be interested to know if you can get Nitrox without heading to Eyemouth.
    Up to 300 bar would be good but can live without.

So far have spotted Sovereign Diving.

Going for a weekend so will need 6 twinsets and 4 singles filled on Saturday night. Given the volume of diving there I am sure its a none issue but having only ever done a day trip before it would be helpful to know the score before rocking up.

Cheers,
    Mikael
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)
  • Frogette35
    Established TDF Member
    • Aug 2013

Sovereign Diving own the air filling station in the industrial estate behind The Olde School House.

Comment

• Craig107
      Transfered Member
      • Dec 2012

Sovereign Divers are good. Tobys a cracking fella.
      Craig..

People who look good in a mask are usually ugly without one.

Comment

• Jen - Winged Blob
        Supergnu
        • Dec 2012

Sovereign Divers, and at this busy time of the season they should be well on top of their O2 supply, but might be worth ringing to make sure they'll be stocked up for the Saturday.

Comment

• Mikael
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jen - Winged Blob
          Sovereign Divers, and at this busy time of the season they should be well on top of their O2 supply, but might be worth ringing to make sure they'll be stocked up for the Saturday.
          Think I will ring ahead. Says open late but it would be just my luck if they are away on holiday the weekend I visit.
          I might put some nitrox in the tins if its on offer. Now what's this card carrying business they are on about, I can do Visa debt if its any good.
          Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Comment

• Jen - Winged Blob
            Supergnu
            • Dec 2012

They do often work late, especially in the summer when they've a regiment of cylinders to fill for visiting divers. And if your visa debit states that you're nitrox qualified that'll be fine.

Comment

• Allan Carr
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

You can often drop the cylinders in late afternoon and pick them up the following morning. If there's no-one there when you turn up, there's a number to ring.

Comment

• Mikael
                • Dec 2012

Turns out I am booked onto Billy Shiel's boat and they do a pick up and drop of cylinder filling service.

Comment

• Logun
                  Sir Logun
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mikael
                  Turns out I am booked onto Billy Shiel's boat and they do a pick up and drop of cylinder filling service.
                  Yep, not cheap at a fiver a fill, but they just take them to Sovereign who charge £4 anyway, so its worth the extra quid to put empty tanks on his truck at the end of Saturday and take full ones off first thing sunday.
                  Originally posted by steelemonkey
                  I hereby decree that all on this site should now refer to you as Sir Logun.

Comment

• Mikael
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Logun
                    Yep, not cheap at a fiver a fill, but they just take them to Sovereign who charge £4 anyway, so its worth the extra quid to put empty tanks on his truck at the end of Saturday and take full ones off first thing sunday.
                    Is that price regardless of size, what about 300 bar, what about twindies?
                    Could be making some calls to check.

Comment

• Woz
                      All hail ZOM
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mikael
                      Is that price regardless of size, what about 300 bar, what about twindies? Could be making some calls to check.
                      It's scaled for size. Indies you pay twice.
                      I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• Divemouse
                        Pedantic Pig
                        • Dec 2012

If you do get to the filling station (it's handy for spares and repairs too), be sure to look out for the little shrine to Rob that's been there for at least 15 years - it was still there in 2012, but haven't been up since then.
                        Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• mark weaver
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Dec 2012

Watch out with Sovereign, we had a load of cylinders filled one saturday evening (was a while back), on the boat the next day found that several cylinders only had 130bar in them.

Next time we went i took a reg with me when we collected them to check they all had good fills.

Comment

Working...