PDA

View Full Version : Pee Pee Eye?

Finless
01-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Apparently it's not the chlorine that gives you red eye!

Anyway, on to the main topic: PPI claims.

I've been dead set against this sort of 'claims based business' and usually slam the phone down when the PPI sales call comes through.

It would seem that this 'sort of thing' is here to stay and millions must be claiming in order to keep the PPI companies in business? In the end, we'll all have to pay for all the claims through dearer charges or poorer customer service etc. So, I was thinking earlier, should I join the band wagon? I know I was sold PPI without my knowledge in the past because it came as a pleasant surprise, when I was made redundant, that I had insurance to cover the amount owed. I've had any number of cards over the years so .........

Finless
01-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Lobbocks, I forgot to tick the POLL box.

Never mind, anybody bothered to claim?

I suppose I could research this myself but I don't remember who I've had credit cards from in the past.

JimmE
04-07-2015, 08:45 AM
If you've used it I don't think you'll be able to claim... But I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tris
04-07-2015, 09:09 AM
If you used it then I suspect its a bit hypocritical. Many of the companies offering to investigate the claims for you look into your past and will find the cards etc you had the PPI on. They dont expect you to know X-Y-Z just need the standard name , DOB etc

I rang Lloyds when the entire PPI scandal erupted and they held their hands up, I didnt go through an agency or anything and got 6600 back from 20K of loans over the years (4 of them in total) You can go back about 8 years I think.

damianb
04-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Check out the FS Ombudsman. There is clear guidance on the criteria you need to box tick to apply for a mis-sold PPI settlement.
A year ago I received a letter from HSBC asking me to sign to confirm I had never been mis sold PPI. I though haha this is interesting. Turns out when I took out a professional studies loan to do my masters degree the fekkers added on PPI. I sent a letter which didn't cost me a penny. 8 weeks later I had over 4 grand in my sky rocket. Deffo worth doing. You would be a right mug to give X% to a third party 'agency' for doing this for you. Half an hour research, one letter and that's it to make a claim. The bank has 8 weeks to 'comply' otherwise they get their ass kicked by the FSA.

taz
05-07-2015, 10:38 AM

I looked into it but I was not entitled to anything.

It is there for you if you have a case and the money has
already been put aside.

taz

damianb
05-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Not quite sure what you mean mate. Money won't be set aside. The lender will know what the PPI value is which was 'wrongly' charged and its up to you to position the PPI sale as mis-guided therefore unlawful. Legally you can charge the lender interest on the total sum which really adds up. As example my masters degree loan was around 12 grand and this was taken out around 13 years ago. I charged HEBC interest for the sum over the past 12 years or so which resulted in circa 1,800 in interest alone. I can't recall from memory but there are around 5 core criteria for a strong claim such as - were you a student during the time, do you recall a specific conversation around PPI as part of your repayment etc ..

Dogmeat
05-07-2015, 03:20 PM
You have used it once but you say you've had it on a few then I'd try to get it back, if you can be arsed try to do it yourself to get more back.

Go for it, what have you got to lose?

John-flood
06-07-2015, 06:19 AM
I got told I couldn't get anything because I'm with the nationwide, something to do with them not being covered by it or something ! I don't really understand it

Finless
06-07-2015, 12:44 PM
I have had many different credit cards over the years. On one of them I was unknowingly sold PPI BUT it proved to be a Godsend.

Have I been sold and paid for PPI on the other cards? Because of the fact that so many people have claimed or are about to claim then it seems logical (to me) to assume that we will all be paying in some way towards the banks recovering their PPI losses?

SilentDiver
08-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Half an hour research, one letter and that's it to make a claim. The bank has 8 weeks to 'comply' otherwise they get their ass kicked by the FSA.

We claimed back a combined total of 7.5k from Nat West and Santander didn't write one letter just two phone calls and that was it.

Used the money to buy the wife a nice little 2nd hand AP Evolution and pay for her training and pay off some bills.

Had heard loads of horror stories about dealing with Capital One Credit card so when we phoned them we didn't expect much and was told a form would be in the post for us to fill out it may take 2 weeks.

2 Weeks later a cheque from Capital One for 1400 arrives in the post which still wont cover the cost of the Santi I really want :(