X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrisch
    Tofu eating wokerato
    • Jan 2013

Robot callers

Why oh why oh why do the halfwits that use an automated callout to con you out of money not have some form of listen in to hear the fax tone? I'm sitting here listening to some dickwad trying to talk over the fax handshake. They will call back again. Like they do every other bloody day......................... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Sorry. Just needed to shout at anyone handy.
    There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
    With apologies to Albert Einstein.
  • Baron015
    Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu
    • Jan 2013

Schadenfreude. Smile.

Memento mori.

Comment

• nickb
      Closed Account: User Requested
      • Dec 2012

Who the hell uses a fax machine these days?

Comment

• Woz
        All hail ZOM
        • Dec 2012

I deal with quite a few engineering companies that don't have email. We use email wherever we can but there are some small outfits that are machining stuff in sheds for us that still use fax.
        Incoming faxes we have a fax to email gateway. Outgoing faxes spool out from the 2012 server.
        I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• MisterB
          Refugee
          • Dec 2012

And lawyers, don't forget Dombey and Sons that still haven't entered the nineteenth century, let alone the twenty-first.

And British Airways, if you need to send them evidence of anything for a compensation claim...
          --------
          Chris
          --------
          Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

Comment

• Chrisch
            Tofu eating wokerato
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by nickb
            Who the hell uses a fax machine these days?
            We get 10-15 a day. It is still a major communications technology. At least two of our suppliers prefer fax orders. BT run the ADSL over our fax line and we piggyback the credit card machine on it. Fax machine is a printer/scanner. Cost - peanuts.
            There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
            With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• jamesp
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Woz
              I deal with quite a few engineering companies that don't have email. We use email wherever we can but there are some small outfits that are machining stuff in sheds for us that still use fax.
              Incoming faxes we have a fax to email gateway. Outgoing faxes spool out from the 2012 server.
              One of the first customers I managed to get onto email, reverted to fax(they have three, non of which reliably recieve) and have only this year started using email again.
              They are global.
              We still have a fax, it can be quicker sometimes to scrible a sketch rather than sketch, scan & email. Especially for the less computer literate and those with crap scanners.
              It is also useful for when the broadband falls over, as we are not on fibre, and it shows.
              Fax dropped off dramatically about two years ago, still worth the line rental though.
              My email gets pushed to the phone, I was working out quotes on the pontoon at Tob. last trip with NUSAC.

My biggest gripe with the email was the four years it took for BT to get around to finding out the reason we only had a 250k connection, with frequent dropouts(this was a broadband line by the way) was that the line from the cab took a couple of mile tour around the housing estate on an aluminium cable. Suddenly getting a 5meg download speed was like getting fibre at home.

Comment

Working...