PDA

View Full Version : Lungs pro's and cons.

divedaz
12-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Pro's and Cons, between BMCl and Fmcl please.

Vanny
12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
On the AP unit? Clearer front, bit easier to kit up (finding buckles on the harness). Slightly more difficult to dil flush on BMCL, gotta find the toggle behind you. But once your used to it no probs. I recently trained on FMCLs but bought BMCL , which I prefer.

nigel hewitt
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I had a FMCL unit and had no problem with it for many years. However my dodgy shoulders made stage handling a bit of a problem reaching round the CLs to where the rings were hiding so when I repented of my heretical defection to a Sentinel and came back to the one true yellow side I bought the BMCL version.

For me it is worth the bit of extra depth to be able to manage the bailout cylinders and other things I hang on my chest better.
I never have a clear chest. I have lots of kit there. Yes there are some things that aren't quite as good but it works for me.
Wrote it up here. (http://www.nigelhewitt.co.uk/diving/inspiration/index.html)

Oh. Beware of trapping the BMCL folded behind you. It is quite easy to do until you get the feel for how to lie it flat with your gloves on.

divedaz
13-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I had a FMCL unit and had no problem with it for many years. However my dodgy shoulders made stage handling a bit of a problem reaching round the CLs to where the rings were hiding so when I repented of my heretical defection to a Sentinel and came back to the one true yellow side I bought the BMCL version.

For me it is worth the bit of extra depth to be able to manage the bailout cylinders and other things I hang on my chest better.
I never have a clear chest. I have lots of kit there. Yes there are some things that aren't quite as good but it works for me.
Wrote it up here. (http://www.nigelhewitt.co.uk/diving/inspiration/index.html)

Oh. Beware of trapping the BMCL folded behind you. It is quite easy to do until you get the feel for how to lie it flat with your gloves on.

Amazing write up Nigel, i tried an inspo last year with BMCL and you could feel it 'breathe' on your back.lol.