PDA

View Full Version : OSTC 2N downlaod on Mac OSX 10.10

DiverMike
05-01-2015, 05:50 PM
I have previously managed to download dives form my OSTC2 to my mac. I've not done it for quite some time (normally I just grab the dives of the inspo) and now I can't get it to work. I've recently upgraded to OSX 10.10 Yosemite which might have buggered things up. I have installed the drivers form http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm and still no joy. Any tips for getting this working?

Frappawotsit
05-01-2015, 05:54 PM
What software are you downloading in to?

I had problems with subsurface when i upgraded to yosemite, but downloading the latest version of Subsurface cured my problems.

Stupid question, but have you ensured you have the latest version of whatever dive log software you are using, as it may be a program compatibility issue with Yosemite, rather than a driver issue.

DiverMike
05-01-2015, 06:06 PM
I've tried Jdivelog and MacDive. The USB controller does not show up in VMWare's list of USB devices like the AP one does when I plug that in so I think it's a driver issue. The USB connection is good as the OSTC charges when plugged in.
I'll give suburface a go (when I can pluck up the effort to go out to the grarage and fetch the OSTC)

jb2cool
05-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Where did VMware come into it? Are you not downloading to the Mac itself?

dimitri
05-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Latest version of Subsurface (v4.3) on Yosemite works fine for me - JDivelog, on the other hand, refuses to speak to OSTC; have not tried MacDive..

May we assume that you are just using VMware to test the driver but are trying to connect the OSTC to a physical Mac?

johnnyblaze
05-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Try a different usb cable. I went through 3 before 1 worked, they all charged when they were attached as well.

DiverMike
06-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Where did VMware come into it? Are you not downloading to the Mac itself?

Am downloading direct to the mac - but VMWare is handy as it lists all the recognised USB devices

Justin Owen
06-01-2015, 09:43 AM
MacDive working here with OSTC2N on Yosemite...

DiverMike
10-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I shoved subsurface on my machine and it worked a treat. Now I can tot up the dismally small number of dives I managed last year,

Big Pimp
11-11-2015, 09:39 PM
just to bump this up, which is the preferred software to copy dives onto Mac, and also change like name & telephone number on the screen etc?

have used jdivelog on windoze previously, and it was grand, but since making the move over to Mac OS X I haven't installed any software.

thanks

Big Pimp
12-11-2015, 11:07 PM
any other mac users can give any advice?

i tried mac dive which looked good, but i couldn't adjust name etc. on the OSTC.

sub-surface allowed me to download dives, and adjust the OSTC, but tonight I cannot even log into it!

i deleted it, reinstalled it, and reinstalled drivers but it still doesn't allow me to connect to the OSTC.

i don't want to have to run parallels or bootcamp on my mac, but might have to do it?

dwhitlow
12-11-2015, 11:16 PM
any other mac users can give any advice?

yeah, get windows :)

Big Pimp
13-11-2015, 07:52 AM
yeah, get windows :)

I'll probably stick boot camp on it....

Rob Dobson
13-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Subsurface seems nice and I haven't experienced any issues with it.

OSTC Companion allows you to edit the text field and change the firmware which is all I ever really need to do with them (I've never been into downloading dives).

Big Pimp
13-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Rob, that's brilliant and just what I was looking for, thank you very much!