PDA

View Full Version : Anybody SE or London area with a rEvo standard ?

colinicky
12-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Anybody in the SE or London area with a rEvo standard that fancies letting me jump in a muddy puddle with to try ? You can borrow my rEvo mini in place ! Want to try a Standard as thinking of changing from my mini. can dive any time any day .
TIA
Colin

Justin Owen
12-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Colin, not in your neck of the woods but if you're passing the NW give me a shout...

Don't be in any rush to swap your Mini - I swapped mine as I was convinced the larger size would suit me better; longer for kitting up, 3L bottles, better stage positioning... I wish i'd have kept my Mini - The harness on the III standard just doesn't suit/fit me. Consequently I can't get the unit comfortable or trimmed properly. I've just removed it and put a DIR style harness on it in the hope I can get it fitting better and solve some of the problems...

Simon TW
28-12-2014, 08:22 AM
The harness on the III standard just doesn't suit/fit me.

Even thought it's exactly the same as on the mini, with the same spacing and the same adjustment. They're identical Justin you just wanted a reason to fit something DIR ish didn't you? :)

gordyp
28-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Colin, my unit is a standard but I've spent a fair bit of time on both the mini and the micro. In the water there's no difference as far as the harness goes, I find the standard is easier for kitting up on a bench or rib. Only reason I would change mine from the standard would be if I was going to do a lot of traveling with it.
Cheers.

Ps if you want to have a quick chat about it pm me your number.