PDA

View Full Version : I phone / Android app

o2dependant
08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Is there any thoughts about creating the dive forum site app for Android and i devices ?

So we can stay in touch on the go. I know a lot of people use TAT but is a dedicated app something to consider?

One step at a time like! Down the road I'm thinking.

Big Pimp
08-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Tapatalk is perfectly fine - I don't think you'd create something which works as well

o2dependant
08-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I dont use tap talk. So forgive the dumbness if you will.

How does it do on websites?
Browsing a forum is one thing but an entire website. Is that an option?

As soon as I get a phone I'll look into getting it for on the move..

DesperateDan
08-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Tapatalk is a forum client, this is a forum, what more do you want?

String
09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Does it need a client OR tapatalk? I just browse to the website.

Elvis
09-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Tapatalk is a client just a much better/easier way to access the forum, which when it comes down to it is just a database, than even the mobile version of the forum which is again another client to same database.

o2dependant
09-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Tapatalk is a forum client, this is a forum, what more do you want?

This forum has endless potential and who knows how it may develop. like I said down the road.

Store
Chat feature
Member picture reference tools

Graham Smith
09-01-2013, 05:40 AM
This forum has endless potential and who knows how it may develop.

Member picture reference tools

You've not met HP yet have you???

G

ootini
10-01-2013, 04:40 PM
A dedicated app would probably end up just being a skinned reformatted equivalent to TAT. Although it would allow for the addition of a shop etc... Not really sure if it would be popular enough to warrant the development time though.

JimmE
11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
One forum (non-diving) I'm a member of originally used Tapatalk but then released their own dedicated app, and removed Tapatalk support at the same time

Main issue for people like myself who use Tapatalk with more than one forum is that I then had to monitor separate apps for separate forums whereas I could previously just access all forums from the one app.

Suffices to say I spend less time reading that forum now, not out of protest or anything like that, just that it's 'not there' when I read the other forums, so tends to get forgotten.

Not really sure what you would get out of a dedicated app other than the potential for advertising (which I believe was their reason) but if one is released please can we keep Tapatalk support too :-)

The forum works nicely in a browser on the iPad anyway, but TapaTalk is much easier on the iPhone and allows me to keep up-to-date at work :D

DRB79
12-01-2013, 10:58 AM
but TapaTalk is much easier on the iPhone and allows me to keep up-to-date at work :D

Totally agree with that one, bl**dy works firewall ;) !!!

puddlediver
12-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Tapatalk, way to go.
Lyv

DIVE BUDDHA
13-01-2013, 07:38 AM
ive started to use tapatalk on my iphone over the last couple of weeks and love the ease of use ?

asking if a specific forum app would be worth while i would say no although im not a coding expert nor a app developer im sure the amount of work required would be massive especialy on the iphone front !

Woz
13-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I have a box with an engine on it but it won't move. I have an idea where if you put something on each corner it might move easier. Could anyone invent something that could do this? I know there is a thing called a "wheel" but I would like someone to invent something just for me.

JimmE
13-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Try some of your vet lube :-p

Mike
13-01-2013, 09:16 AM
I have a box with an engine on it but it won't move. I have an idea where if you put something on each corner it might move easier. Could anyone invent something that could do this? I know there is a thing called a "wheel" but I would like someone to invent something just for me.
I know a chap called Henry , let me see what he can do , unfortunately he lives just across the shallow river but we can not work out how to get across !