PDA

View Full Version : revo dreams

Mr Flibble
26-09-2014, 05:33 PM
With the rEvo X what is the reasoning behind having 3 cells dedicated to the shearwater and 1 each per dream (total 2)? I assume if the shearwater packs in you can complete the dive with a fully manual unit. What would be the use of 2 cells then? If they start drifting apart which one do you trust? Wouldn't you need 3 for comparison? Would a rEvo with just one dream not do the same job? Just curious.

Capt Morgan
26-09-2014, 07:06 PM
I know nothing about the rEvo X but any drift in cells should result
in a flush with a known gas to see what cell or cells are reading correctly.
Just because most cells agree don't assume that they are right.

Mr Flibble
26-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Yep, I agree but just wondering what is gained with 2 dreams over 1 to warrant the extra clutter and cell cost. Perhaps more peace of mind, if both reading similar. If they start differing then a flush to ascertain which is the good 'un.

Capt Morgan
26-09-2014, 07:35 PM
I'd say that's the reason.

iamyourgasman
26-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I have an older rEvo but same setup: 3 cells on the predator and 1 each on the dreams. So when the solenoid part of the rMS played up and drained the external and internal batteries dry within 10 minutes so the electronic side was useless, I just switched two cells to each dream and continued diving the unit as mCCR, still monitoring 4 cells.

gordyp
27-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Each dream monitors two cells not just one. So with two dreams you have monitoring of 4 cells in total.

Mr Flibble
27-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Is that with the cell cable splitters? Think they dont do these anymore.

iamyourgasman
27-09-2014, 08:31 PM
No splitters, the dream can monitor 2 cells as factory default, it has got two molex connectors.

Mr Flibble
28-09-2014, 07:23 PM
nice. :-) want one now :-)

gordyp
28-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure there are one or two available second hand at the moment.

cathal
24-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Each dream monitors two cells not just one. So with two dreams you have monitoring of 4 cells in total.

Can you explain that one further please? Is each Dream monitoring 2 different cells? i.e. one is monitoring 2 cells from the Controller as well?

gordyp
24-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Can you explain that one further please? Is each Dream monitoring 2 different cells? i.e. one is monitoring 2 cells from the Controller as well?

Yes, exactly as you say. On my unit each Dream is monitoring 2 cells, one independent and one which is also being monitored by the controller. If the Shearwater packs up it means I have 4 cells still being monitored over 2 Dreams.

Simon TW
24-11-2014, 07:16 PM

You didn't know that?

What version dream do you have, they will all monitor 2 cells but dependent on the version you either tell it that you have two or it automatically detects two cells on calibration.