PDA

View Full Version : Dorothea - Talysarn Lake?

Cyprian
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

Diving Dorothea Sunday morning, just thinking of something different for the second dive, has anyone here dived the lake nearest to Talysarn? I have a buddy who has found an easy entry, but I don't want to lugg my kit over only to find that it's only 3m deep! Any info, greatly recieved.

Thanks
Irfon.

stewy41
05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Irfon if your talking about the quarry on the left after the roundabout one of my buddy's got to the mid 60's in there and it was still going any chance you could share the entry point I have done it once and had to use a rope to get down to the water not the best after a deep dive hth

Cyprian
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi stewy, thanks for the reply. No it's not the one on the left, this one is on the right and is behind the houses that you pass before you get to the roundabout. I've found out that it has been partially backfilled at one time and that there is as a result a beach which should make for an easy access. Thanks for the heads up on the other quarry, I dont think that I'll be trying that exit too soon, the hill up from Dorothea is bad enough!
Irfon

Cyprian
05-01-2013, 09:36 PM

stewy41
05-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Didn't know there was another pool entry and exit in Talysarn quarry is taxing to say the least did it once won't repeat it.

ootini
06-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Its a bitch to get to. Vis was shit. And there was a dead sheep in it.

Cyprian
06-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Its a bitch to get to. Vis was shit. And there was a dead sheep in it.

Yes, yes in the shallows, no there wasn't and it turned out to be a suprisingly good dive.

Irfon.