PDA

View Full Version : What's a good price for this Second Hand JJ ??

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Any knowledgeable person care to offer a valuation on the sale below ?

I'm interested, but don't want to pay over the odds..

---------------------------------------

CE Unit n° : 08 13 1365
Bought July 2013
Only dives in fresh water.
Around 40 hours.
- Dimensions 70cm x 40cm x 26cm including the handle
- Weight 34.2kg – Ready for operation with 2 x 3 litre tanks - 19,8kg – Without tanks and soda lime
- Axial Soda lime canister - Soda lime: 2.3kg (Sofnolime 797)
- Radial Soda lime canister - Soda lime: 3.05kg (Sofnolime 797)
- Batteries - 2 x 3.6v lithium (SAFT 14500). One battery for the controller and one battery for the HUD. -2 x 6v lithium (Energizer CR-P2). (Parallel operation for the solenoid)
- Volume of the counter lungs 8 litres
- 1st stage ”oxygen” Connection: M26x2 - medium pressure: 7.0 to 7.5 bar
- 1st stage ”diluent” Connection: DIN 5/8”- medium pressure: 9.0 to 10.0 bar
- Oxygen sensors 3 galvanic cells (type: R17JJ-CCR)

Fuly equiped with :
2 tanks (O2/ Diluant)
1 radial scruber
1 axial scruber
2 spare cells
2 spare battery
1 complete set of seals, valves, filter.
1 spare hose

Ruffy
28-05-2014, 02:47 PM
If I got it for less than two thirds of new price I would be happy! but no more! warranty nearly out??

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 02:48 PM
How much is new ? 10k ?

Rob Dobson
28-05-2014, 02:58 PM
How much are they new these days? £9k?

You've said the serial number and approx age but the rest of info just reads like a cut n paste job from the unit spec. If it's a stock spec CE unit then it'll be supplied with no BOV and supplied with MK26 1st stages. If it's CE then it has to be sold with the JJ wing and backplate but what is included in the sale? Cylinders?

If they are £9k new and this is lightly used and complete as if new then £7k?

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Pics are on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pe.deseigne/media_set?set=a.508589405934261.1073741893.1000034 96194917&type=3)..

I'm assuming everything in the pics is included, but I haven't asked yet..

SoggyBottoms
28-05-2014, 03:35 PM
don't get too carried away here. JJ's sell for about £5 1/2k second hand. the only thing this has that would push the price up to mebbies £6k is the radial scrubber which is a rare and sought after item (that no one uses)

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 04:26 PM
He's asking 6500 euros.. which is ~£5281.. so seems reasonable based on your assessment..

SoggyBottoms
28-05-2014, 05:02 PM
get in the car and on the ferry at that price :)

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I'll be driving past on June 6th ;-)

so it's tempting..

Darren A
28-05-2014, 05:09 PM
get in the car and on the ferry at that price :)

And hope you've got a faster car than all the people you've alerted about the sale in this thread :)

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 05:10 PM
that wouldn't be cricket now, would it..

Mark Chase
28-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Sounds like a bargin

Without the radial scrubber id have said 6500-7000 with it £6750

I baught a 6 month old Inspo with about 40 hours on it and paid £500 under new price. Seeing as the JJ is now heading for £9000 id say you have the bargin of the month.

I have been offered more than that for my unit and its four years old

ATB

Mark

buxtonmarauder
28-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone for your input.. I pulled the trigger (god help me)..

Ken
28-05-2014, 09:11 PM
On the jj ccr web site they list the current international edition at 6978 Euro + VAT. The euro/gbp exchange rate seems to be approx 1.23 today. For the sake of easy maths let's call it 1.20 so we are looking at a new price of about 7000 GBP plus postage and options.

Am I missing something? (Other than them not being actually for sale!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notdeadyet
28-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Jeeeeeezuskrysteonabyke! Does it come with a 50" telly and a Bulgarian whore for that?

gobfish1
28-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Jeeeeeezuskrysteonabyke! Does it come with a 50" telly and a Bulgarian whore for that?

lol

Bulgarian whore ,s
id take two and you can keep the TV and Jj

Baron015
29-05-2014, 12:04 AM

We'll presumably he is in the EU since it's the CE edition not the International edition, and he is driving to get it.

---
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.

Mark Chase
29-05-2014, 05:50 AM
On the jj ccr web site they list the current international edition at 6978 Euro + VAT. The euro/gbp exchange rate seems to be approx 1.23 today. For the sake of easy maths let's call it 1.20 so we are looking at a new price of about 7000 GBP plus postage and options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not I nearley feinted when somone said 9k???

But getting a 40 hour old JJ for £1750 under market cost for a new one, is still an amazing deel.

ATB

Mark

Simon TW
06-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Brett at Dive Life put one up for £4750 Pre CE with new cells. He's bought it but never dived it.

buxtonmarauder
06-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Too late Simon, I bought this one. Pick it up on Saturday

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Woz
07-06-2014, 09:31 AM
For 7 grand I could machine a couple from solid!

Dammyla
08-06-2014, 06:34 AM
What makes them so expensive? Is it just devolpment costs and time split between not many units (ie not much economy of scale) or is there more shiny than a few hoses, a plastic bag and a computer than I realise?

Rob Dobson
08-06-2014, 06:41 AM
CE certification testing....

Baron015
08-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Also price for second hand units is high due to scarcity. Happy owners not selling.

---
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.

Rob Dobson
08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm going to sell mine. Perfectly happy with the unit but struggling to walk and therefore not safe to dive.

SoggyBottoms
08-06-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm going to sell mine. Perfectly happy with the unit but struggling to walk and therefore not safe to dive.

and how about if a bunch of us say we'll help you to have a dive. there's ways around wobbly legs and the unit weighs feck all in the water. if we kept to a no deco regime there's no symptom confusion for your condition
you've put plenty in Dobbo so I'm sure there will be other like minded people. something to consider even if it's just for a last RB dive....or several :)

Janos
08-06-2014, 01:14 PM
and how about if a bunch of us say we'll help you to have a dive. there's ways around wobbly legs and the unit weighs feck all in the water. if we kept to a no deco regime there's no symptom confusion for your condition
you've put plenty in Dobbo so I'm sure there will be other like minded people. something to consider even if it's just for a last RB dive....or several :)

Agree 100%.

I've been on holiday with people who are recovering from major operations. We all mucked in and helped carry the kit on land, they dekitted in the water, and I or others recovered it (this was on a hardboat but same principle as if diving off a rib).

We help each other because it's what divers do.

Janos

Rob Dobson
08-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Thank you and it is precisely this kind of support that has kept me diving as long as I have. It's not just lack of strength in my leg it's also a lack of muscle control meaning that it may involuntary extend straight and my other muscles cannot overcome the active muscle leaving me with a straight leg I cannot bend. Very funny, but not that safe in the water. Luckily there has never been a shortage of people happy to throw me in deep water but alas now I am less willing :)

I am very grateful to the people in this community who have helped me over the years. From the dedicated support offered to me from H&H and Rob on the Valkyrie, through my MOD3 instructor carrying my kit for me back in 2007(?) - despite only weighing 7 stone wet herself,to the patience shown by Dave Whitlow, the Duck, Peter Lowe, Simon Andrews and host of other pure gems of the UK diving scene.

I have never made to the Lisbon Maru, HMS Victoria, HMS Audacious, PoW, Repulse, tge 7 Skies, the Graf Zeppelin, The Rainbow Warrior or a whole host of wrecks that were on my 'must do list' including two u-boats sunk by my Great Uncle's destroyer. I never went to Truk, Bikini or Galapagos. It's sticks in the paw but I made a decision to spend the last good bits being the best Dad I could rather than self-indulgently stroking rusting metal on the seabed.

PeterL gave me hours of video he shot in places I wanted to go but never did. I am losing myself in those with the comforting sound track of an X-Scooter motor propelling the camera forwards. Diving by proxy :)

I have spent the last year or so delaying the inevitable, kidding myself that the next Botox injections or other treatment will get me back in the water for one last big trip, but I just can't see now and should sell my kit. Well some of it...

Garspeed
30-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Rob

Clear your inbox please or drop me pm

Chrs
Gar

Rob Dobson
30-03-2015, 06:59 PM
First time I've looked at a forum in weeks - must be fate. Gimme a no and I'll clear the inbox.....

matjazr
23-08-2017, 08:21 PM
one example of offer for 5000€ + sending, but analog one:

JJ Rebreather CCR For sale, a fully functional JJ-CCR rebreather is available. (CE version) The unit was only in cold water. Approximately 100 operating hours
The yy was cleaned after each dive and disinfected regularly. In addition, the rebreather has always been stored dry at room temperature. Fully functional - Very good condition

• JJ-CCR head with Sherwater Predator and HUD.
• Main body with stainless steel base.
• Axial lime container.
• Original JJ-CCR "Back mounted" lungs.
• O2 and VG Supply Manual.
• MD and HD hoses.
• Apeks steps. (O2 / VG)
• Original JJ-CCR Wing.
• 2 bottles of VG bottles 3 liters
• 2 pcs. O2 bottles 3 liters
• 3 pcs. New JJ sensors including batteries
• 2 pcs lead for use in the main body

is it worth to buy it? New digital one CE is at moment 7190€ without TAX ;)

matt
25-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Holy thread-resurrection.

matjazr
28-08-2017, 06:32 AM
Holy thread-resurrection.

on my post?
what this mean? ;)