PDA

View Full Version : When can I buy an xDeep?

Steve Clark
30-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have an update on when the xDeep bottom timers will be available in the UK?

I sold the Vyper. Big trip planned for the 1st May. Depth measurement would be a bonus. :/

Steve

jb2cool
30-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I've an Uwatec bottom timer you can borrow till you sort yourself if it helps

SilentDiver
30-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Does anyone have an update on when the xDeep bottom timers will be available in the UK?

I sold the Vyper. Big trip planned for the 1st May. Depth measurement would be a bonus. :/

Steve

They are for sale now at Aquanauts, DIR Direct and Divelife and probably other places as well.

Just not sure how many are actually in stock and available for delivery to a buyer.

I know two people in our club that have ordered one and are eagerly awating delivery.

Steve Clark
30-03-2014, 11:01 PM
They are for sale now at Aquanauts, DIR Direct and Divelife and probably other places as well.

Just not sure how many are actually in stock and available for delivery to a buyer.

I know two people in our club that have ordered one and are eagerly awating delivery.

When I spoke to Divelife a couple of weeks ago, I could join the waiting list at about ~#90 :(

Steve Clark
30-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I've an Uwatec bottom timer you can borrow till you sort yourself if it helps

Very generous offer, thanks.

I'm hoping they will be available in time. OLED will be much easier for the survey stuff.

Steve

graham_hk
30-03-2014, 11:11 PM
The display is not great - I have both a Xen and X-deep. Xen display wins hands down and is also more intuitive to control (hate the buttons on x-deep). Think I will pop the x-deep in pocket for back up.

Steve Clark
30-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I did read something about this. A gap between the screen and the glass means you can't read it at a shallow angle.

The 200 question : Can you read the xDeep on a scooter?

(I know you can read a Xen)

graham_hk
30-03-2014, 11:23 PM
No I can't

Ruffy
31-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Nobody has them in stock yet..
How can you stir up a buying frenzy for something that you cant supply...?:wait:

Rob Dobson
31-03-2014, 07:45 AM
@Steve Clark: I may be able to loan you an OSTC3 if you get stuck.

timmyg
31-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I've a Xen you could borrow but I'll need it up until 20 April

TG

Sent from my iPhone using Timmytalk (hopefully)

Garf
31-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I have an xdeep but cannot use it. I've lost the charger. It appears to be as hard to get a charging cable as it is to get a unit :(

ziggi
31-03-2014, 10:57 AM
I have an xdeep but cannot use it. I've lost the charger. It appears to be as hard to get a charging cable as it is to get a unit :(

It doesn't use micro usb? I cant understand the logic of companies using propitiatory connections these days, surely the cheapness of using the standard out weighs the cost of selling peripherals to the for the occasional lost/damaged cable (Apple excluded on the grounds of their massive and dedicated following)

Piemaster
31-03-2014, 11:14 AM
It's micro USB but they have a proprietary connector between the USB plug and the actual unit. Thought I'd lost mine moving house but managed to find it thankfully. By the time they'd have shipped a replacement USB 4 would probably have arrived.

dwhitlow
31-03-2014, 08:29 PM
xdeep? I don't get the excitement? proprietary connectors, vr3 button sequence, merely a bottom time with only recently added nitrox, no trimix and no ccr (yet?)

am I missing something? can someone explain?

maybe a second had VR3 is a better investment as it just works?

(I'm happy with my ostc 2n as it does everything I might want other than cell monitoring and I can still see it in the crap vis)

Fi2s
31-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I think trimix is available too

dwhitlow
31-03-2014, 09:03 PM
I think trimix is available too
and CCR?

Steve Clark
31-03-2014, 10:16 PM
xdeep? I don't get the excitement? proprietary connectors, vr3 button sequence, merely a bottom time with only recently added nitrox, no trimix and no ccr (yet?)

am I missing something? can someone explain?

maybe a second had VR3 is a better investment as it just works?

(I'm happy with my ostc 2n as it does everything I might want other than cell monitoring and I can still see it in the crap vis)

I have no interest in the computer bits of an xdeep, i just want a bottom timer i can read in the dark. Mainly for survey, but it would be nice to be able to read it on the scooter too. Seconds a bonus.

The xdeep looked a great, relatively cheap thing. No good if they dont exist.

Steve

Piemaster
31-03-2014, 10:24 PM
They do exist but it's very annoying that every time I look at it the thing has gone into stopwatch mode as the buttons have been pressed by folds in my drysuit.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

gav6280
01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Am on the divelife wait list for a nitrox, ordered it 6 weeks ago, they said could take upto 3 months.
Im buying because of the OLED screen and the compass feature for a great price, my 10 year old gekko will become a timer/backup.
Quite an upgrade indeed, be nice to see the digits in the dark.

gav6280
01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
how are people protecting the screens from scratches?

Baron015
01-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Helicopter tape, off eBay.

Jas kev
01-05-2014, 08:13 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xdeep-Black-diving-computer-/131180453285?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Scuba_Snorkelling Equipment_SM&hash=item1e8af6dda5

might be worth an offer

gav6280
04-07-2014, 10:16 PM
I ordered my one-about 3 months ago from divelife an i was 49th in the cue.
Last Friday i was now in 13th place. so hopefully another 6 weeks or so.
But they could give absolute no indication of what time scale it might be or even when there next order would arrive to them.

Piemaster
04-07-2014, 10:22 PM
They've also announced v2 hardware but no date as yet. Might want to hang on for that one. Hopefully they've sorted out the dodgy buttons from the original ones.