• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzz
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

DUI neoprene zip gloves

Anyone got any experience of these?

I find the sizes of the blue Showa-based gloves not quite right for me. Anyone know how the neoprene ones compare?

Will I have bananas for fingers and the dexterity of a crab?
  • Mark Graham
    New TDF Member
    • Sep 2014

I know this post is now over 6 months old but I have only just joined this forum and have been reading through some old posts as I'm sat here in the sunshine on holiday

About 6 weeks ago I bought a new CF200 with the neoprene gloves. Previously I'd used a CNSE with the Orange dry gloves. The neoprene ones are a lot nicer fitting and more snug. I wear them with the liner gloves supplied and have found them to be great. The only downside I have found with any DUI zip seál gloves is the fact that you have to have your hands in the gloves before you do you neck seál etc but now with my new CF200 which is a front entry I have seen a video on the DUI website that shows you a way of putting your head in first, adjusting your neck seál and then getting your arms in and after a few tries on your own so no one can video it the whole process is very easy. I would wholeheartedly recommend the zip seál neoprene gloves and think I will dive with these all year round and will never go back to wet gloves.

Comment

• GLOC
      • Dec 2012

I've got a pair of M neo zip gloves for sale. £50 ono

Regards
      Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
      www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
      www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
      - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Comment

• nickb
        Closed Account: User Requested
        • Dec 2012

I had some and they are very warm and resilient. There's no way I'd wear them year-round though. My hands are size 8.5 and I used large ones, they were a tad too big with regular liner gloves. I could probably have got away with medium with very thin or no liners. For what it's worth I use Size 10 smurf gloves with decent liners and they are spot-on.

They have an odd cut with a very long middle finger, ideal for certain gestures though

Donning a suit whilst wearing these is a ball ache of the highest order. This is the worst aspect of the DUI system, another being the vulnerability if a glove is punctured (less likely with the neoprene version obviously). I now use the SiTech Antares system which, apart from the stiff oval ring, is far better than Zip Seals (IMHO).

Comment

Working...